IAnti virus?

chefb

Reaction score
I there any anti virus apps for the droid system ? I've heard rumers about viruses being attached to different programs that you might down load off the net.

luv2increase

Reaction score
I there any anti virus apps for the droid system ? I've heard rumers about viruses being attached to different programs that you might down load off the net.

At this point, there are no known viruses for the Android OS. This is SURE to change really soon though since Android OS is becoming so popular, thus it will be a prime target for hackers and phishing schemes.

There is an app called Lookout, but it is a gimmick at this point. Any virus scanner "needs" virus definition files so it knows what to do for when scanning files. Lookout doesn't have virus definitions because no viruses for Android OS have been released into the wild yet.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thats all they are is rumors. No antivirus is needed for the Droid. You'll just be wasting your money and have an app that will hog your resources.

You have to have viruses in order to have an antivirus. Since non exist, having one makes it worthless.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
The fact that the security issues with the flash...... may leave our phones too open..just looking for protection. I was open...waiting for the 2.2 but now not so much!

TommyV

Reaction score
I'm running "Antivirus." The battery drain and speed seems to be the same.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i dont use one either. its not worth it.

memnv

Reaction score
I had one on, and the girl at the verizon store told me to take it off, that it messes with the phone and there is one built in the software

pyro6128

Reaction score
finally some verizon workers who know what theyre talking about

ShowTime

Reaction score
I heard the interwebz gots mad crazy viruses errywhere. It is so hard to lolzz nowadays becuz people will steal all your moneyz and your car just by using websites becuz of trojanz.

No you don't need antivirus.