System Clean & Virus Scan

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Any app or program that will scan sd and phone storage and clean/delete unnecessary folders? Folders that were made by apps that aren't installed anymore. Any anti virus apps that scan your phone and sd completely like a scanner for a pc would? Thanks!

DroidX + Droidforums.net + Tapatalk = Me Happier

Desicrator

Reaction score
As of now the AntiVirus is not needed, but who knows that could change in coming years but right now it might just be a waste of battery. There are some on androlib.com I saw, I would post but don't know of Hyperlink rules. But I would forgo them.

And to the other one you could root and just use Astro to delete manually, or connect your SD to the computer than you can just use windows to do the file maintenance.

R

RETG

I read Norton is releasing something or has released something for Droid phones.

Is it needed? Some say yes, some say no. But, I personally would prefer not to be the person who finds out the answer WAS yes.dancedroid

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I say No - they are not needed and just use battery and recources

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

chazall1

Reaction score
Android is a Linux bases OS. Linux bases systems do not require no do you need personal anti-viral programs. It is not Wondows. Read or google anti-viral apps or issues in a linux based OS for any clarifictions!

JArmandB

Reaction score
Just because you are immune to a cold doesn't mean you can't pass it along. That being said, I think if you scan your phone with your computer AV before transferring files, you should be all set.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
No virus, no virus, no virus. No virus app needed as of yet. There are no viruses that are just going to appear on your phone. Especially if your just downloading trusted apps from market:)