I want to upgrade but I dont want to lose my plan

Secondlaw

Reaction score
I love Costco. I was actually going to pick up a new phone from my local Cosco kiosk but now you have me wondering... I have a phone on my plan that is I believe is on a 600mb for 20/month. Yeah.. ridiculous but this phone is not under contract and it's for an 11yr old.

I'm in a toss up between this phone and the Samsung that's about to be released... A few questions for you... What accessories are you guys throwing in with a cell phone purchase for either the HTC or the Samsung?

What is the return policy for the phones purchased from a Costco Kiosk? Are they the same as in the Verizon store, and finally, are there any other advantages of purchasing from Costco rather than the VZ store?

Thanks!

OleManDan

Reaction score
Well I'm switching to t-mobile. $80 (plan) plus $27/mo (phone payment) for unlimited everything and the S5. That's only about $12 more than my Verizon bill currently, and the $27 goes away if I pay off the phone.

No subsidized price but also no $200 immediately going to Verizon.

Check the coverage area before you switch.

Several times I thought about switching from Verizon, but the other companies don't offer the coverage I want. sooo...
I'm sticking with Verizon. They cover my rural area and local mountains better than the competition.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I love Costco. I was actually going to pick up a new phone from my local Cosco kiosk but now you have me wondering... I have a phone on my plan that is I believe is on a 600mb for 20/month. Yeah.. ridiculous but this phone is not under contract and it's for an 11yr old.

I'm in a toss up between this phone and the Samsung that's about to be released... A few questions for you... What accessories are you guys throwing in with a cell phone purchase for either the HTC or the Samsung?

What is the return policy for the phones purchased from a Costco Kiosk? Are they the same as in the Verizon store, and finally, are there any other advantages of purchasing from Costco rather than the VZ store?

Thanks!

The accessory kit is nothing special, just a couple generic screen protectors, a leather carrying case, and a new car charger.
Return policy is the same as the carrier, 14 days. Costco does have a 90 day policy on electronics but cell phones returned after day 14 can only be exchanged for the exact same device.
Kiosks do not currently have the M8 or S5. S5 will be Friday, from what our communication has said, but limited in quantities. There has been no word on the M8 as of yet.
In most cases, the biggest difference in coming to Costco is the price, but on new phones it is typically not much different. The S5 on Verizon and AT&T will be $189.99 after a $10 instant rebate at the register, and Sprint will be $199.99. For me, the personalized experience you get from us is worth the visit alone. But many of the people we sell phones to don't know much about them, if at all.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
So new development...I went to the store yesterday and they offered me the Max, 6 gig plan and its the same price as Im paying now. On top of that I can also get on the edge program....so 6 gigs plus 23 bucks a month gets me a new phone and no contract. Sounds like a good deal...am I missing anything?

2 questions though
First can they take the max plan away, ie force me to a 2 gig plan down the road when I switch phones?

Do I get any discounts with the max plan? IE the 10-25 dollar discounts they're doing right now for switching to edge?