I want to upgrade but I dont want to lose my plan

2razrmaxx

Reaction score

Apparently the stores can so some sort of payment plan...like the device replacement plan but its just for a new phone..not because you "broke" your old one. Its the device payment plan. I went to the store and it took a little asking but I finally got them to tell me about it, after she figured out I was on unlimited. I need to look into it more so I can see if there are any loopholes they can get me with but thats the way Im leaning. Id almost rather pay and extra 50 bucks a month and have basically a no contact phone afterwards then extend my contract.[/QUOTE]

________

Tell me more about this... Is this offered by Corp stores only?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The plan with 2gb of data is $75, not $60. $60 is 1gb. To my knowledge, a 'regular' employee is unable to use this "secret" $60 plan. And actually, the $60 option with 2gb doesn't even show up in my system.

So....you're saying there IS a $60/2gig plan?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you won't be "offered" the Max plan, you have to ask for it by name. (And keep in mind that this is NOT the Edge plan. Max is a traditional, 2year plan with subsidized phone).

It used to be that you had to call and talk to a phone rep because salespeople in Verizon stores either didn't know about it, or weren't authorized to offer it. But I've now seen people who say they were able to sign up for the Max plan in a corporate Verizon store (but never in a third party retailer).

I offer it to EVERY customer that comes to me with unlimited data, and I am a manager of a third party location (Costco)

Sent from my Droid Maxx

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I never go to third party retailers anyway..they all use pushy sales tatics. Its amazing the difference you see going into a corporate store vs an authorized retailer. Corporate they all have real phones and are nice answer question and will let you browse. authorized retailers there is someone on you as soon as you want though the door asking 20 questions.....what kind of phone do you have, whens your upgrade....you getting a phone today....and they all have dummy phones...avoid like the plague....

Please don't generalize all third party retailers until you have experienced EVERY one of them and every employee in them. At my kiosk, I pride myself on NOT being the pushy type, along with all 3 of my employees. That is actually how we get most of our sales, because we aren't like the others out there.
We also have live devices...not every phone is live like corporate stores, but just the most popular ones (for example, the G2, S4, S3, and Note 3).
I used to feel the same as you, I refused to go anywhere except corporate locations because I had a few bad experiences being hawked when I was working in a mall in Ohio. Never again will I rely on corporate :)

Sent from my Droid Maxx

TatDroid

Reaction score
I offer it to EVERY customer that comes to me with unlimited data, and I am a manager of a third party location (Costco)

Sent from my Droid Maxx
That's good to know! Thanks for correcting me on that.

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score

Apparently the stores can so some sort of payment plan...like the device replacement plan but its just for a new phone..not because you "broke" your old one. Its the device payment plan. I went to the store and it took a little asking but I finally got them to tell me about it, after she figured out I was on unlimited. I need to look into it more so I can see if there are any loopholes they can get me with but thats the way Im leaning. Id almost rather pay and extra 50 bucks a month and have basically a no contact phone afterwards then extend my contract.

________

Tell me more about this... Is this offered by Corp stores only?[/QUOTE]

I believe so.....from what Ive read on the internet....Just look up the device payment plan.

Please don't generalize all third party retailers until you have experienced EVERY one of them and every employee in them. At my kiosk, I pride myself on NOT being the pushy type, along with all 3 of my employees. That is actually how we get most of our sales, because we aren't like the others out there.
We also have live devices...not every phone is live like corporate stores, but just the most popular ones (for example, the G2, S4, S3, and Note 3).
I used to feel the same as you, I refused to go anywhere except corporate locations because I had a few bad experiences being hawked when I was working in a mall in Ohio. Never again will I rely on corporate :)

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Well I've experienced enough to have formed an opinion about them and to avoid them..however I will say this the kiosks in places like Best Buy and Costco, though I don't have a card, are fine too. They don't use the same tactics as the other third party stores. When I generalize its the wireless city's or wireless plus type of stores...the ones that have the big Verizon logo in them then under in small print say authorized agent or retailer....

mattman5000

Reaction score
I was at Verizon corporate store last night checking out the new M8. I casually asked about the 6 gig max plan and was told that it would last for one year, and then would fall back to a 2 gig plan. Anyone else heard that? Or was he just clueless?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I was at Verizon corporate store last night checking out the new M8. I casually asked about the 6 gig max plan and was told that it would last for one year, and then would fall back to a 2 gig plan. Anyone else heard that? Or was he just clueless?

I have heard nothing of the sort. I'll ask my Verizon reps though.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

TatDroid

Reaction score

At a MINIMUM it's 2 years, because I signed a new 2 year contract. Who knows after that - but at least I have a guarantee for the next 2 years. If you're on a month to month, no one can promise you what will happen more than 30 days out, because that's all the notice they're legally required to give (hence the term "month to month"!)

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
________

Tell me more about this... Is this offered by Corp stores only?

I believe so.....from what Ive read on the internet....Just look up the device payment plan
-___________

cool. Thanks

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Looks like I just missed out on the "best buy loophole" to keep unlimited... but I'm willing to go to the 6gb plan if I can do it without Edge. Unlimited talk/text and 6gb for the same price I'm paying now is acceptable, but that's the only way I'm doing it.

I will go to my local Costco tomorrow and see if that deal can be swung with a S5 preorder.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Looks like I just missed out on the "best buy loophole" to keep unlimited... but I'm willing to go to the 6gb plan if I can do it without Edge. Unlimited talk/text and 6gb for the same price I'm paying now is acceptable, but that's the only way I'm doing it.

I will go to my local Costco tomorrow and see if that deal can be swung with a S5 preorder.

Pre-order is online only, and you more than likely will not be offered the 6gb Max plan online. Also, it is not unlimited talk and text unless you go to the More Everything 6gb plan.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Well I'm switching to t-mobile. $80 (plan) plus $27/mo (phone payment) for unlimited everything and the S5. That's only about $12 more than my Verizon bill currently, and the $27 goes away if I pay off the phone.

No subsidized price but also no $200 immediately going to Verizon.