I want to upgrade but I dont want to lose my plan

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by loki993, Mar 27, 2014.

1. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

That's good to know! Thanks for correcting me on that.
  2. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Well-Known Member

No problem, happy to help. Unfortunately not all employees operate like I do.

Sent from my Droid Maxx
  3. loki993

loki993 New Member

________

Tell me more about this... Is this offered by Corp stores only?[/QUOTE]

I believe so.....from what Ive read on the internet....Just look up the device payment plan.

Well I've experienced enough to have formed an opinion about them and to avoid them..however I will say this the kiosks in places like Best Buy and Costco, though I don't have a card, are fine too. They don't use the same tactics as the other third party stores. When I generalize its the wireless city's or wireless plus type of stores...the ones that have the big Verizon logo in them then under in small print say authorized agent or retailer....
  4. mattman5000

mattman5000 Member

I was at Verizon corporate store last night checking out the new M8. I casually asked about the 6 gig max plan and was told that it would last for one year, and then would fall back to a 2 gig plan. Anyone else heard that? Or was he just clueless?
  5. jackiescivic

I have heard nothing of the sort. I'll ask my Verizon reps though.

Sent from my Droid Maxx
  6. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

At a MINIMUM it's 2 years, because I signed a new 2 year contract. Who knows after that - but at least I have a guarantee for the next 2 years. If you're on a month to month, no one can promise you what will happen more than 30 days out, because that's all the notice they're legally required to give (hence the term "month to month"!)
  7. 2razrmaxx

2razrmaxx Member

I believe so.....from what Ive read on the internet....Just look up the device payment plan
    -___________

cool. Thanks
  8. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Looks like I just missed out on the "best buy loophole" to keep unlimited... but I'm willing to go to the 6gb plan if I can do it without Edge. Unlimited talk/text and 6gb for the same price I'm paying now is acceptable, but that's the only way I'm doing it.

I will go to my local Costco tomorrow and see if that deal can be swung with a S5 preorder.
  9. jackiescivic

Pre-order is online only, and you more than likely will not be offered the 6gb Max plan online. Also, it is not unlimited talk and text unless you go to the More Everything 6gb plan.

Sent from my Droid Maxx
  10. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Well I'm switching to t-mobile. $80 (plan) plus $27/mo (phone payment) for unlimited everything and the S5. That's only about $12 more than my Verizon bill currently, and the $27 goes away if I pay off the phone.

No subsidized price but also no $200 immediately going to Verizon.
  11. Secondlaw

Secondlaw New Member

I love Costco. I was actually going to pick up a new phone from my local Cosco kiosk but now you have me wondering... I have a phone on my plan that is I believe is on a 600mb for 20/month. Yeah.. ridiculous but this phone is not under contract and it's for an 11yr old.

I'm in a toss up between this phone and the Samsung that's about to be released... A few questions for you... What accessories are you guys throwing in with a cell phone purchase for either the HTC or the Samsung?

What is the return policy for the phones purchased from a Costco Kiosk? Are they the same as in the Verizon store, and finally, are there any other advantages of purchasing from Costco rather than the VZ store?

Thanks!
  12. OleManDan

OleManDan New Member

Check the coverage area before you switch.

Several times I thought about switching from Verizon, but the other companies don't offer the coverage I want. sooo...
    I'm sticking with Verizon. They cover my rural area and local mountains better than the competition.
  13. jackiescivic

The accessory kit is nothing special, just a couple generic screen protectors, a leather carrying case, and a new car charger.
    Return policy is the same as the carrier, 14 days. Costco does have a 90 day policy on electronics but cell phones returned after day 14 can only be exchanged for the exact same device.
    Kiosks do not currently have the M8 or S5. S5 will be Friday, from what our communication has said, but limited in quantities. There has been no word on the M8 as of yet.
    In most cases, the biggest difference in coming to Costco is the price, but on new phones it is typically not much different. The S5 on Verizon and AT&T will be $189.99 after a $10 instant rebate at the register, and Sprint will be $199.99. For me, the personalized experience you get from us is worth the visit alone. But many of the people we sell phones to don't know much about them, if at all.

Sent from my Droid Maxx
  14. loki993

loki993 New Member

So new development...I went to the store yesterday and they offered me the Max, 6 gig plan and its the same price as Im paying now. On top of that I can also get on the edge program....so 6 gigs plus 23 bucks a month gets me a new phone and no contract. Sounds like a good deal...am I missing anything?

2 questions though
    First can they take the max plan away, ie force me to a 2 gig plan down the road when I switch phones?

Do I get any discounts with the max plan? IE the 10-25 dollar discounts they're doing right now for switching to edge?
Search tags for this page
i dont want to use my unlimited date by upgrading on a new t

verizon unlimited data

verizon wireless unlimited data loophole

verizon wireless unlimited data plan loophole