Can't upgrade messaging plan w/o losing unlimited data

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am hoping someone has successfully maneuvered this element without the hassle it appears I am facing. My wife and I have a combined minutes plan and have separate messaging and data plans. I have managed to keep unlimited data, but today I was told I would have to give it up if we wanted to switch from separate messaging plans to a combined unlimited messaging plan, or even upgrade only my wife to unlimited messaging (since it's for her benefit). As it was explained to me, our minutes and messaging plans (and my data plan) are antiquated and cannot be changed without a complete plan overhaul. I only want to upgrade the most simple aspect of a plan, on the line without unlimited data. It would be great if someone could provide some insight.

Note to Verizon: I want to give you MORE money and your response is to screw me over.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Have you considered messaging alternatives? Whatsapp, Google Hangout? Maybe Google Hangout between yourselves to save her messaging for others.

duxdad

Reaction score
unlimited and Maxx data [lan

If it makes it any easier, if you have unlimited data you can , as far as I know, switch to their new "Maxx" plan and get 6 GB data for giving up the unlimited and at the same price. I have unlimited but only use a couple of gigs at the very most but am loath to give it up. Was getting antsy for a new phone when I lost my D4, Asurion does not stock D4's at least complete phones and gave me an Ultra instead. Sooo I have a new phone and unlimited, life is good. I was going to give up unlimited, switch to Maxx and get a Moto X. I'll stick with what I have now :)
I am pretty sure the Maxx plan allows you to get a subsidized phone.

Last edited:

Aiesline

Reaction score
I am hoping someone has successfully maneuvered this element without the hassle it appears I am facing. My wife and I have a combined minutes plan and have separate messaging and data plans. I have managed to keep unlimited data, but today I was told I would have to give it up if we wanted to switch from separate messaging plans to a combined unlimited messaging plan, or even upgrade only my wife to unlimited messaging (since it's for her benefit). As it was explained to me, our minutes and messaging plans (and my data plan) are antiquated and cannot be changed without a complete plan overhaul. I only want to upgrade the most simple aspect of a plan, on the line without unlimited data. It would be great if someone could provide some insight.

Note to Verizon: I want to give you MORE money and your response is to screw me over.

Just use google voice. It uses your data and is free :)