I think I've given up on the physical keyboard

CBLJazz

Reaction score
coming from slightly intelligent phones the voyager and env touch i got used to speed.

the droid physical keyboard seems to slow me down so i don't use it.

have you given up on it too?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
coming from slightly intelligent phones the voyager and env touch i got used to speed.

Yes...But.....

I may consider using it again. Using the Sholes Mod and the Milestone browser that comes with it the Droid Keyboard is super slow. You can get better speed if you are able to use Swype.

Grey Hawk

Reaction score

Yes its slower than the env touch, but it isn't that slow. IMO its slower than the onscreen but then again I'm use to that one. T9 in my eyes is still the fastest way. I knew no one who could beat me using a qwerty keyboard.

ruinah

Reaction score
I prefer the physical over the soft keyboard. I think the layout isn't that great. I feel everything is shifted to the left a little so it's not as easy or comfortable to type on but it works.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Hate the physical keyboard.. never use it unless whatever website I'm on is acting up... I wish it wasn't there..

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Stopped using it since I installed Swype. Actually, I do use the d-pad occassionally for games.

crspang

Reaction score
I only use the physical keyboard if I need to be super accurate navigating a text field, otherwise its the virtual one for me too.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Never really used it so can't say I stopped.

hacku

Reaction score
I've had my phone for a month and I think I've used it a total of 3 times. Coming from a Blackberry Curve I was huge on physical keyboards, but the layout of this one totally blows. I've become used to the on-screen keyboard now and I'm pretty used to it. They just need to enable multi-touch on it so I can type a little faster.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
I use the physical keyboard about 98% of the time. I have swype installed but like the auto punctuation that the physical keyboard uses.

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had my Droid just over a month, I think I've used the physical keyboard maybe 3 times. Swype is awesome, punctuation got a lot easier after I watched the video.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was one of the biggest haters of a physical KB before I got my Droid... now I don't know if I can live without it. Swype is perfect for texting, but if I'm web browsing, the physical KB gets the nod.

jnd121

Reaction score
Is Swype not available on the Market? I could have sworn I saw it there a couple of weeks ago, but when I decided to download it, it was gone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is Swype not available on the Market? I could have sworn I saw it there a couple of weeks ago, but when I decided to download it, it was gone.
search the forums for swype, you'll find it :)