I think I've given up on the physical keyboard

butch350

Reaction score
No problems here...

I'm not exactly a speed typist - I use the hunt and peck method and I have large hands but have no problems using the keyboard.

In fact it has a really nice touch.

roflcopters

Reaction score
The keyboard is fine...I'm very quick on it in fact. True, it did take maybe a day or so to get used to coming from my Touch Pro, but I much prefer the Droid's to that one.

lockman

Reaction score
Keyboard's a huge waste of space. Poor layout, can't type on it without looking at it. Virtual keyboard is far superior.

Reaction score
I came from the Voyager which I had for 2 years. Took me about a month to get used to it, but I would say I'm quicker on the droid.

wil318466

Reaction score
coming from slightly intelligent phones the voyager and env touch i got used to speed.

the droid physical keyboard seems to slow me down so i don't use it.

have you given up on it too?

Don't use it, can't use it, wish it wasn't there actually.

If this phone didn't have they keyboard at all, I'd be much happier. It seems some people love it, though.

When the Droid comes out with a keyboard-less version, I'll buy it. Just having the keyboard slightly open in my pocket once in a while annoys me. I'll live with it though, its not a deal breaker by any stretch.

-Wil

wil318466

Reaction score
Wil, you hate everything on this phone. Holy crap man, just go get the nexus one.

I've said over and over how much I love the phone. I just point out the things I don't like

Lag (fixed with overlock)
Keyboard (take it or leave it)
Battery Life

Now stop following me.

-Wil

wil318466

Reaction score
I was here first, "ohhh I totally just owned you and your post, destroyed!" - idiot.

Go work on your Excel spreadsheet on a subject that no one talks about, yet you open yet another thread about. Maybe Matt3w will come to your defense again?

lol.

-Wil

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I bought the droid because of the keyboard and I've used it exactly once for the terminal emulator. I use swype also. I can even use it with my non dominate hand fairly easily, like right now with a flailing baby on me. lol

Sodner

Reaction score
I use the physical keyboard when I need to hit "X" during a reboot. :greendroid:

Other than that......never.

ness180

Reaction score
I got the Droid because I thought I needed a physical keyboard to text because my previous phone was an enV. After a couple of days of owning the Droid, I quit using the physical keyboard. I'm faster typing on the virtual keyboard than physical. Haven't slid out the physical keyboard in ages.

Last edited:

nyijedi

Reaction score
Both my wife and I pretty much use ONLY the physical keyboard. The lack of multitouch on the virtual keyboard, as well as the real estate that the virtual keyboard eats up has me constantly using the physical one, which I've gotten quite fast at using.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i stop using the physical keyboard after installing swype. but i have start using it more and more nowadays for some reason. I like it personally. Im much faster on it now. i only use swype when im in a meeting and need a discrete way of texting. it just looking like im just wiping my phone. ;)