who else dont use their physical keyboard anymore?

vico512

Reaction score
Is Swype really that good? I came to the Droid from an LG ENV, which has one of the best keyboards out there. I really dislike the physical keyboard on the Droid; constantly having to retype characters, so I use the onscreen version most of the time, which works marginally better for me.

-vic

c_law23

Reaction score
the physical keyboard was the reason why i got the droid over something without a physical keyboard. I was so dependent on having one in the past that I nearly chose the devour b/c the keyboard was better. I'm glad i didn't. I've had the phone for about a week or so and I've used the physical keyboard once. I'm 6'4" and have big hands its nearly painful to use it.

But the virtual one and talk to text is so good i don't even miss it. Seems i need too look in to this Slide since i assume you to need to be rooted to use Swype?

maverick

Reaction score
You dont need your phone to be rooted to install swype. Just google the webiste download the software put in on your sd card use astro and install it. If you have problems just houl here..

brando56894

Reaction score
I usually use the virtual keyboard for stuff but when screen real estate is paramount (terminal, emulators, etc..) I use the physical keyboard.

gmack35

Reaction score
used physical keyboard for everything, until i got the swype beta, which i love. now it's 50/50 between physical and swype landscape.

c_law23

Reaction score
You dont need your phone to be rooted to install swype. Just google the webiste download the software put in on your sd card use astro and install it. If you have problems just houl here..

ok thanks :) I'll give it a run later then!

Reaction score
The physical keyboard also helped me decide to buy the Droid vs. other phones. After I installed swype, I hardly ever use it anymore.;)

Hermes

Reaction score
I have never used the physical keyboard. I have the flat type, not raised. I have also noticed that the "ALT" is peeling up and I can see under the keyboard, strange since I've never used it.:(

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I use it when I have to respond to emails. I need to start using the speech function more however. I think that would prompt me to leave the keyboard alone.

BSmith

Reaction score
I could never get used to this on-screen after having an Iphone for so long. Plus, I like hitting the alt key and getting the symbol/number I need without switching screens.

Lars1

Reaction score
Keyboard+Emulators=WIN

Try playing Moon Patrol on a Nexus 1

Pokebreaker

Reaction score
I switch between the two all the time, depends on how fast I want to go. I have large hands, but the touchscreen actually is still very accurate. I prefer the QWERTY, but also like the touchscreen too.