i officially HATE iheartradio!!!

OP
S

spacemanps

Okay so this morning i wanted to listen to Z100... ( i work in NY) and on my way driving i was listening to z100 and they were having this bit i really wanted to listen to.. so i downloaded iheatradio and the program sucks it just constantly buffers.. and everytime i have ever wanted to listen to the radio i cant... on my blackberry it worked but it would cut out and buffer once in the middle of listening, that didnt bother me because i could still listen...

any one know of any radio apps that actually work well..

Oh and when i was trying out iheartradio i had ful bars of 3g coverage!:icon_evil:

First let me say the iheartradio app does suck.

But for me 95% of the time it works fine. I listen to Lex and terry everymorning for 5 hours and most of the time it never buffers, and that's with only 2 to 3 bars of 3g at any given time, because I'm in a building with weak reception.

does your phone get very hot? and what temps?

OP
S

spacemanps

yes i have established it is working now. and does not do the buffer thing... But what about temps!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
They must have improved the streams somehow because I've been using it this morning and it hasn't buffered once. It cut out one time because I got a txt, which isn't the apps fault. So I like iHR now lol

rgn2000

Reaction score
They must have improved the streams somehow because I've been using it this morning and it hasn't buffered once. It cut out one time because I got a txt, which isn't the apps fault. So I like iHR now lol

Iheartradio has not had an updated that I know of in a while. I don't see how it could be fixed. I will say that I have experience with StreamItAll and A Online and those 2 at times were awesome, but then all of a sudden they would buffer constantly. A Online for me was working pretty good this morning as well, but it is never consistant.

rgn2000

Reaction score
OK, I just tried Radio Time today and spent a lot of time in my car to find out if this thing can do the job. It work flawlessly. I only had to buffers and it was definitely because of cell coverage. The interface is also is awesome as it shows the schedule of the channels and even a logo for the station. I never really shows what the buffer size is, but it isn't an issue from what I can see so it doesn't matter to me. Finally something that actually works. I recommend Radio Time to everyone.

rgn2000

Reaction score
Does it have clearchannel stations? I use iHR for ONE station.

is iHR the name of the station? I can't find that one online let alone Radio Time. Let me know if that is the station name to search for.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
No iHR is iHeartRadio. I use it to listen to KISSFM out of Phoenix, AZ or KRQ out of Tucson, AZ. Either is fine. Most apps don't have Clear Channel stations because they have weird streams.

rgn2000

Reaction score
No iHR is iHeartRadio. I use it to listen to KISSFM out of Phoenix, AZ or KRQ out of Tucson, AZ. Either is fine. Most apps don't have Clear Channel stations because they have weird streams.

Unfortunately neither of those stations are in it. I am sorry. They do show up on the seach at radiotime.com though. I have heard that all the stations that are on the website are not in the app. Maybe an email to the developer might help.