i officially HATE iheartradio!!!

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I can not wait for Wunderradio to come to the Market (it is on the iPhone). It is currently in development. But I don't have high hopes. Just because something is good over there, it doesn't always translate here (IM+ !!!).

Radio Time just came to the market, it is 2.99 but it is the best so far...

zakany

Reaction score
Pandora, Slacker, DroidLive seems to be more than enough for me.

OP
S

spacemanps

I can not wait for Wunderradio to come to the Market (it is on the iPhone). It is currently in development. But I don't have high hopes. Just because something is good over there, it doesn't always translate here (IM+ !!!).

i reallly dont want to pay to be able to listen to FM radio... that just sucks!

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Why is everyone here comparing Apples and Oranges?

There are two different types of Radio Apps.

1. AM & FM live streaming
2. Internet Radio.

The OP was complaining about item #1. I agree--the Market does not have any good apps for this--I am hopelessly waiting for Wunderadio.

As far as item #2, there are many quality choices. I only use Pandora and have ZERO complaints. But I am a Talk Radio fiend and Pandora doesn't always do it. So I too agree with the OP. I had problems with IHEARTRadio just yesterday. I have also had it work decently other times in the SAME AREA! At least the dev is updating that app occasionally; it has slightly improved.

OP
M

Matth3w

I've used it to listen to Penguin games on 105.9 the X from Pittsburgh with no issue whatsoever. On 3G.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score

i reallly dont want to pay to be able to listen to FM radio... that just sucks!

Looking at the App Store for example, the only decent free ones are from the Station Sources or large companies. AOL, Yahoo, CBS, Clean Channel. But they are limited because they only offer a certain type of genre usually. I am willing to pay for all the stations possible in one source. I paid like $7 for Wunderadio for my iPod Touch and wow was it worth it. It is like having Satellite Radio.

I mean $7.99 is like going to Starbucks and getting coffee and a pastry. At least with the App, it's here to stay!

rgn2000

Reaction score
I started using streamfurious recently and like it. They have a good selection of internet radio stations, but I don't know if you can get the specific ones you are looking for, or what to do if you want to listen to a stream that is not listed.

Have you gotten much buffering and are you using 3G? Not WIFI.

rgn2000

Reaction score

Are you actually using Radio Time? Are you finding less buffering issues?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I downloaded Iheartradio within the hour that it first was released and it worked flawlessly for me, and I used it alot. Once it buffered the first time (maybe 10 seconds) it was good. Very rarely did it stop and need a rebuffer.

However after they did an update it has not been as perfect for me. I just now opened it to see while I type this and it is working perfectly. However there have been a couple times that it sat and buffered and never actually got any sound.

This is not the same as pandora... this is live streaming radio....

And so far I would say I have been pleased with it. Grade in my experience.... B-

Reaction score
I try to use iheart all the time and its hit and miss.

streamfurious is so much better if you can find what your looking for

tucripper

Reaction score
Z-100 appears to have buffer issues, I have listened to DC101 From Washington and many others without problem. It is probably at the station level. Just wanted to add I live in nowhere Kansas lol

Last edited:

Milehighjc

Reaction score
since I posted a few days back that iheartradio had worked well for me... figured I should update. Tried today, and it failed - same problem as others have had, buffering forever.

Ill try deinstalling reinstalling to see if that helps.

jc