i officially HATE iheartradio!!!

Litrekid

Reaction score
it didnt work for me for a long time but here the past two weeks it has worked flawlessly.

jmacal83

Reaction score
yep....the concept is good...how ever it sucks that is doesn't work like i thought it would. The problems i had thus far are really slow loading (even on Wifi) and crashes aloooooot.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been very disappointed with iheartradio overall on the Droid. It was something I used a lot on the Blackberry Storm. The constant buffering has totally disappointed me to the point I never even consider using it anymore. One thing I did learn though, before you load up iheartradio, make sure you turn off wifi first. It seems to work a little better that way.

Someone recently hooked me up with another program called "RadioTime", it has a lot of cities and radio stations, and I listened to it on Saturday. I ran it for 8 hours straight as I had to drive to western PA and back home same day. I listened to 93.7 The Fan out of Pittsburgh. The only time it stopped was if I was in a weak signal area, then all I had to do was press the play button again and it was back on. I don't know if "RadioTime" is available in the market or not. If not, do a Google search for it.

TimothyLHaas

Reaction score
I have never found anything to replace Iheart but the buffer issues seems to be the station. I was listening to wham and it stayed on buffer. So i sent a email to them and they explained it was them and not iheart

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
All the clearchannel stations on iHR have weird streams that can't be used in streamfurious, droidlive, etc as far as I know. They want it so you HAVE to use iHR.

OP
S

spacemanps

i emailed z100 to see what the deal with iheartradio sucking so much... ill update you all when they respond

hobby31

Reaction score
iheart radio worked flawlessly for me for a few months but here the last 2 weeks it doesn't work at all. Just sits and buffers. I think the last update screwed it up. I'm in florida and I used it to stream a station in Kentucky to listen to a basketball game and it only buffered once while I was driving on a 2 hour road trip. But here, the last 2 weeks I can't even connect to that station anymore.

OP
M

Matth3w

This used to work great for me but. Now just buffers incessently with full 3g

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This used to work great for me but. Now just buffers incessently with full 3g
I have the same problem with iheartradio. I hear the secret is to turn wifi off and turn on location. Still horrible for me.

Milehighjc

Reaction score
As of last week, iheartradio has started working for me again. No problems at all, but I dont recall seeing an update.

jc

OP
S

spacemanps

So I decided to retry iheartradio and it works! But after like 20 min my phone is running super hot... setcpu said 108... what temps r those who use iheartradio getting?

Big Cam

Reaction score
Okay so this morning i wanted to listen to Z100... ( i work in NY) and on my way driving i was listening to z100 and they were having this bit i really wanted to listen to.. so i downloaded iheatradio and the program sucks it just constantly buffers.. and everytime i have ever wanted to listen to the radio i cant... on my blackberry it worked but it would cut out and buffer once in the middle of listening, that didnt bother me because i could still listen...

any one know of any radio apps that actually work well..

Oh and when i was trying out iheartradio i had ful bars of 3g coverage!:icon_evil:

First let me say the iheartradio app does suck.

But for me 95% of the time it works fine. I listen to Lex and terry everymorning for 5 hours and most of the time it never buffers, and that's with only 2 to 3 bars of 3g at any given time, because I'm in a building with weak reception.