Weird flash/website issue

ukbballrulez33

Reaction score
Ok first off, you can blame this problem on the fact that iheartradio app absolutely sucks for android. My buddy has an iphone and his app works PERFECTLY. I wish they would get this fixed.

Now because of that, when I want to listen to a radio show, I have to go to the actual website, Newsradio 630 WLAP - Lexington, Kentucky -- The Official Home of the Kentucky Wildcats , and click "listen live" up in the top left hand corner. The first issue I have is when the web-based application comes up, a lot of the stuff on the actual webpage overrides it and makes it hard to see/use (open it up in the default browser on your droid and you will see what I mean). Is there anyway to get this to open in a seperate window or just get that stuff to stay in the background where it belongs?

Also, when it is playing, I want to shut my screen off in order to conserve battery, but when I do that - it stops playing. Is there a way (or an app I can download) to make this happen? Thanks again guys!

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I use this web site to listen to my local radio station on my phone. It is easy to set up on computer/phone and works well. I like that there is not an app on the phone. You just go to this web site and choose which station you want to use.

http://www.yourmuze.fm/welcome

OP
U

ukbballrulez33

Reaction score
thanks for your help, but it won't let me add the url to yourmuze.fm from the website I wish to play. I assume because it comes up in it's own media player and that the url is hidden. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my station. What I thought was the URL was not. It has been so long ago that I forget how I finally found the correct one. I used all of the suggestions on the page for finding the url and finally figured it out. It is a cool program, so I hope you can tinker with it and get it to work.

OP
U

ukbballrulez33

Reaction score
Yeah I'll play around with it and see if I can get it to work. What about the other issues I had? Like once I get this working will I be able to shut off my screen without the sound going off? Or is there an app I need to download in order to do that?

Thanks for your continuing help. It is much appreciated!

chrstdvd

Reaction score
No. Don't bother with this anymore. I bad not used it on the droid 2 till today. It is terrible on here. Worked great on my BB but not here. Sorry, I wonder what the difference is? The web is the web. I tried In double twist player. Maybe I will try the stock player. I will let U know if I figure it out.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Ok, I just wasted two hours on this radio thing; however, I had fun and found some very cool applications. First the most difficult thing about radio on the phone seem to be getting the actual URL for a particular station, followed by the format that the station broadcasts in.

The three apps that I recommend are A Online Radio, Cherry Rplayer1 and TuneIn Radio. They all have plus's and minus's but all have the ability to let you multitask while listening.

My favorite is TuneIn Radio. It has the station that I listened to on FM Muse, and when you search for a station, it will tell you why it is not available. Example I like a talk radio station out of Richmond, Va WRVA 1140. I searched for it and was told that it is not supported: Station Restrictions.

Also when you start it up the top box is for search, the second is Local Stations which lists all the supported stations in your area. Hopefully, yours will be there. I searched for your station in OP and it is not supported for same reason mine is not.
Then I searched for Kentucky Wildcats and got a list of 16 stations. I am sure if you want to listen to games, the will be on some of the stations.

You can listen to ur station directly from the web, I am now, but there is no multitasking, as soon as you hit the Home button, the talking stops but when you go back to web the station resumes playing.

It is kinda hard but you bring up the site and at left top you see two down arrows, hit the lower one, a screen loads, blank, shrink it or move around on it till you see a down arrow, press it and wait for a few and the station starts playing.

Had fun with this one.

OP
U

ukbballrulez33

Reaction score
ChristDvd I appreciate all your help. Can you explain what you were talking about with the arrows in your last paragraph? I went to the wlap site and didn't see any arrows in the top left corner. All I saw was a box that said listen now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Oh I am using the Dolphin browser and I do not see the "listen now" button on the phone like it was on the computer. I had an arrow. Just hit the listen now and you are on your way. A popup will come up and start playing in about 20 sec or so after it loads a pic and buffers.

OP
U

ukbballrulez33

Reaction score
yeah I guess this is going to have to do until iheartradio gets fixed. Hopefully that will be soon. It works like magic on bb and Iphone so there is no excuse for it not to work on droid.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
As and after thought to all of this, the way you described in OP iheart takes you to the web site actually but you can not see stuff for whatever reason that happens. If you hit the menu key and then more will it clear things up if you choose Mibile view. Usually works for me, but then the links do not work in that view unless there is an actual m.bla bla.com web site. Try that and see what it does.

OP
U

ukbballrulez33

Reaction score
As and after thought to all of this, the way you described in OP iheart takes you to the web site actually but you can not see stuff for whatever reason that happens. If you hit the menu key and then more will it clear things up if you choose Mibile view. Usually works for me, but then the links do not work in that view unless there is an actual m.bla bla.com web site. Try that and see what it does.

The menu key in iheartradio? I'm confused by this post. Sorry

chrstdvd

Reaction score
The way you described the problem in initial post " The first issue I have is when the web-based application comes up, a lot of the stuff on the actual webpage overrides it and makes it hard to see/use (open it up in the default browser on your droid and you will see what I mean). Is there anyway to get this to open in a seperate window or just get that stuff to stay in the background where it belongs?" made me think you were in Ihart radio and it took you to a web site.

Now I see you were referring to when you go to the radio website in your phones browser. So the suggestion of using the menu key > Mobile would apply to when you are on the actual site. Sorry I confused you and was confused to start.

OP
U

ukbballrulez33

Reaction score
I don't see a mobile option when I bring up the menu on the website. Am I missing something?