Bluetooth audio issue

cpknightfan

Reaction score
When I connect my droid to my car stereo via bluetooth audio the default music player automatically launches and starts playing music. Since I use this feature mainly with google listen and pandora it's a real pain. I have to open the music player, stop the audio then start the app I want to use. I've searched the forum, web etc... and haven't found a solution. I've installed other music players but they don't override the default player and there is no way I've found to uninstall the default player. HELP!

Juggalotus

Reaction score
I have the same setup in my car and do not have this issue. Are you playing music before you get tin the car? If so after the conn. initiates it'll pick-up from there. You could possibly have the music player still open even though you think its closed. Try using a proggie called Advanced App Killer. It's free and can be obtained via the Android Market. In there you will select to kill pandora and the music player. After doing so try connecting to your deck and see what happens.

badger98

Reaction score
I have the same issue. A few more points of detail for my situation:

*The car audio system is Ford Sync

*This issue seemed to crop up within the last 2-3 months. The issue was not there when I first paired the Droid with the car in January.

*I primarily use ACast to play podcasts via bluetooth in the car. When the issue started, ACast would launch automatically whenever the car and phone connected (regardless of whether BT Audio was the chosen source). Thinking it might be an ACast issue, I turned off the option in ACast to start automatically when the headphone connection occurs. This alleviated the issue for ACast, but then the Android media player started playing automatically in the same manner.

I'm wondering if this issue is on the Sync side or the Android side. Can you confirm whether you're still seeing this issue and whether your setup is similar or different from mine? Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this annoying issue.

Thanks!

wyz

Reaction score
That's not the only problem........I got the Bluetooth audio back a few weeks ago when I updated to sync 3.1. Didn't have it for over a month till then.
Well,guess what??? It disappeared yesterday again for the second time.
Lasted almost as long as the first time(about 3 weeks)
Tried all kinds of resets,syncs,pairings,you name it,nothing.
Can't reload the sync3.1 cause once it's installed you can't reload it.
2010 Escape...............feel like disconnecting the battery like that one guy suggested to reset the whole radio. Any ideas.:mad:

wyz

Reaction score
That's not the only problem........I got the Bluetooth audio back a few weeks ago when I updated to sync 3.1. Didn't have it for over a month till then.
Well,guess what??? It disappeared yesterday again for the second time.
Lasted almost as long as the first time(about 3 weeks)
Tried all kinds of resets,syncs,pairings,you name it,nothing.
Can't reload the sync3.1 cause once it's installed you can't reload it.
2010 Escape...............feel like disconnecting the battery like that one guy suggested to reset the whole radio. Any ideas.:mad:
Well here's taking the advice and running with it...........
disconnected the battery cable from the negative post(be careful it doesn't touch the metal on the car) about a minute and then reattach it.
Sync and the whole radio has to reset and I'll be darn it did the trick.
At least now you know it's the sync's falt and not the Phone.....Later:)