Someone Has Control of my Droid

souljerr

Reaction score
At first I thought I was going nuts as it seemed my phone would switch screens and do "weird" stuff. This morning my music started playing and when I went to shut it off the screens kept changing so I couldn't stop it. When I opened applications to start deleting files that I had recently downloaded, the screen kept scrolling up and down to prevent me from deleting apps.

Anyone else have this and know which app I may have downloaded? I've recently dowloaded DirecTv, On The Fly Backup, mSpot.

I'm probably going to do a hard reset and try to get rid of them.

Thoughts?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sounds like a rouge app and not "someone"......

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Was it plugged in? Are you using the OEM charger? There are many known cases of this happening while plugged into 3rd party chargers.

Droids

Reaction score
Aftermarket battery charger will do this too.

montlyfool

Reaction score
Heat sensitive

My son's phone(not a Droid) had the same issue with the phone doing strange things while just sitting. I watched it myself. It would select screen, go to certain applications, etc.
The person at Verizon(the actual store, not a 3rd party store which is a joke) told us that the phone is heat sensitive and this may be what is causing it.
He got a replacement and not having the same issue.
May be the same with the Droid? I know mine gets somewhat warm at times.

OP
souljerr

souljerr

Reaction score
Not sure if it's a heat issue but I know it's a pain in the a**. Decided to get a replacement. Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have the same issue with the next one.

portermac

Reaction score
I've seen the same problem before. My friend kept his phone inhis pocket. The moisture and heat made it act like that. Do you keep it in your pocket?

perfoliate

Reaction score
I've had my Droid since last November and its been in my pocket all day everyday since then with no case. I've never had any issues like this.

portermac

Reaction score
I am not sure why itcan cause problems. Some have said if dust gets behind the screen it can cause the screen to go crazy. Maybe lint in the pocket is the cause. Two others including my friends was that it was hot an the moisture got to it. I just telling you what I've seen cause the same kind of problems you are experiencing. Might not be your problem but you do keep your phone in your pocket.

lockman

Reaction score
My first Droid started doing this after 9 trouble-free months. Funny to watch, though it got really annoying. 611 made it sound like a fairly common issue, overnighted replacement.