"Problem Loading Gadget" On all widgets!? Help!

RyanPm40

Reaction score
All I did today was plug in my phone to my speakers with the auxilary plug while plugging into my charger. Immediately my phone kept spazzing out, and mspot kept opening. So, I uninstalled mspot. When I did that, all of the icons on my screen started looking weird and stretched out. I did a battery pull.

I then turned my phone on, and it was stuck on the droid eye for awhile. Then it had the keyboard tip screen that shows up when you first set up the phone. I hit skip, the screen said HTC in green, and then it went to my homescreen.

EVERY SINGLE widget on my homescreen now says Problem Loading Gadget and I keep getting a million pop ups saying there was an error loading a process.

WTF Help me.

EDIT

Also, a lot of icons on my screens are just a green android icon and when I tap them it says "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone."

Opening Appbrain also fails every single time I open it.

EDIT

It's also telling me I have a million apps that need updating.
What is going on?!

EDIT

While using the auxiliary jack for my speakers, the songs started pausing, skipping around, and then one song started playing backwards. What the **** is wrong with my phone? This is completely out of nowhere!

Last edited:

khakigent

Reaction score
I'm having a very similar problem, that started randomly last night. The phone seemed to freeze up, I powered off, it started back up automatically and once it booted (took longer than usual) it said my Software had been updated to version 3.something (wanted me to also go through the tutorial). I didn't pay much attention until most of my apps wouldn't work or went missing (like you mentioned). My alarms were reset and random settings were gone. A number of apps now won't open, simply force close.

Also, none of my widgets work either. I'm not a happy camper right now.

You're not alone.

OP
RyanPm40

RyanPm40

Reaction score
That's so weird that this happened to someone else at the same day too! My cousin also tested me last night and the same thing happened to her blackberry and friends iPhone last night.. what's going on? I did a factory reset and all seems back to normal, for now, though.

khakigent

Reaction score
Same here, factory reset, no problems.

Could it be some kind of virus? I do have a anti-virus on the phone, but after that mess happened, it too had to force close. All better now.

Here's to Incredible new beginnings. Good luck!

aDroidman

Reaction score
I am having the same kinda problem on my moto Droid 1 and my friend is having the same problem on his Droid INC