Weird music player bug

mjones73

Reaction score
What's weird for me is I had enabled stagefright to test something else and disabled it again and now this bug is cropping up for me...

Disabling the lock screen music controls has stopped this one for me for now.

msheldon

Reaction score
I had this issue.

Since I don't use the stock Music player, I removed it. Seems to have solved the problem.

gerend

Reaction score
Me too

I love Sapphire, but this is such a huge bug for me that I am seriously considering leaving Sapphire1.0+Redrum for a ROM that doesn't do this (SS4.7?). I use the stock music player for music, and MixZing for audiobooks (it remembers my place better). Whenever I unplug after listening to my audiobook, the stock player begins blaring inappropriate music through the speaker (think rap/metal; not too office-friendly). I have to hit "play" then "pause" on my player widget to stop it. I haven't yet tried hiding the app from the drawer in LP.

I hate the volume button / gesture / lock screen controls and always disable them; I suspect that the implementation of these is the problem.

I have tried the Eliot Stocker app, the stock app, as well as the stock Milestone app, and they ALL do it. Every time. It doesn't do this with other players such as Cubed(3) etc. so I will probably try to remove the stock player and just use another player (but then I lose my nice themed Redrum widget).

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
I love Sapphire, but this is such a huge bug for me that I am seriously considering leaving Sapphire1.0+Redrum for a ROM that doesn't do this (SS4.7?). I use the stock music player for music, and MixZing for audiobooks (it remembers my place better). Whenever I unplug after listening to my audiobook, the stock player begins blaring inappropriate music through the speaker (think rap/metal; not too office-friendly). I have to hit "play" then "pause" on my player widget to stop it. I haven't yet tried hiding the app from the drawer in LP.

I hate the volume button / gesture / lock screen controls and always disable them; I suspect that the implementation of these is the problem.

I have tried the Eliot Stocker app, the stock app, as well as the stock Milestone app, and they ALL do it. Every time. It doesn't do this with other players such as Cubed(3) etc. so I will probably try to remove the stock player and just use another player (but then I lose my nice themed Redrum widget).

How do we hide the app using launcher pro?

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

How do we hide the app using launcher pro?

From homscreen, hit menu button. preferences. general settings. should be first option on top "Hidden Apps"

wingdo

Reaction score

I'm not sure that will solve your issue. If you read higher up in this thread you will see this is an issue for someone running UD, as well as the fact it is an issue reported on Google's Android bugtracker for people running STOCK Froyo.

Did you run the patch to disable stagefright / enable Open Core? That is sounding to me to be the real issue.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was having this issue until I re-enabled stagefright. I haven't had an issue since. YMMV

Omnipharious

Reaction score
I too have had this problem while using my bluetooth earpiece. Every time I end a phone call while using my Motorola H17 earpiece with motospeak, the music player opens. This has happened on both the Succulent Desire & Sapphire Roms. My girlfriend has a stock unrooted moto droid #1. She just downloaded the VZW OTA Update giving her android 2.2. But, every time she ends a call using her bluetooth, the music player opens & plays music. We both have the same earpiece. However, this never happened on android 2.1. I think that this is some sort of 2.2 glitch! I've learned to live with it after 3 months. But, I totally agree with you. This is a bug that nobody is trying to iron out:^(

michaelhollywood

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that "hiding" the app with Launcherpro fixes this issue? I was in a meeting with a client last week. I was demoing some high end speakers listening to a classical piece when the last thing I was listening to in my Droid (Thousand Foot Krutch) starting blaring out! Funny, but disconcerting.

UNC

Reaction score
I can verify the same thing happens to me every time I pull the headphones out after listening to Google Listen. The really odd thing is that sometimes the music player doesn't start playing until several minutes after the headphones have been removed. Also, when I pull up the music player, it does not show that it is playing, so I have to tell it to play, then pause in order to stop the music.

I will try to get a logcat as well and post on the above bug.

I have the same problem with espn radio app, but I have to ask how you got listen working, mine always says "no gmail account present" or whatev

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I read this thread in the past and had no idea what every one was talking about until it happened to me this morning - LOL.

I was streaming Pandora and when I hit the quit button the stock music player started, so I go into Root Explorer and rename it. Then my other player, 3 (cubed), starts going "crazy"! Playing a little of each song skipping through tracks faster than I can read! So, after a while of tinkering around trying to get it to stop, I open Pandora again and this time instead of quiting Pandora I pause it and hit the home key. After that I was able to pause my other player.

Anyone know of a fix? I read in this thread someone enable stagefright again as a fix, but I'd hate to do that because I often bounce back and forth between Pandora and cubed. Is giving up sound quality in Pandora the only fix?

mentaloaf

Reaction score
I had this issue.

Since I don't use the stock Music player, I removed it. Seems to have solved the problem.
I've been trying to remove the stock music app using astro and uninstalling or deleting it in system/app/musicplayer...it won't let me do it, how did you do it? I saw somewhere else that someone had renamed it so that the system didn't have access to it, but I'd rather not do that...

mentaloaf

Reaction score
This bug causes me to drop calls once every couple of days and one of these days it's going to cost me a business deal....it's really pissing me off. I can't seem to uninstall the music app, any ideas? Also, it's happened with several different roms for me, BB, CM, lithium, etc. so it's not the rom's fault

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is still a bug in 1.1.0
I don't think it's the ROM, I think it's the music app still causing issues.
I totally forgot about this problem and just noticed it today while streaming Pandora. Pulled the chord out of the headphone jack....5 seconds later, "3" (Cubed) started playing.
Sad to say, but I still prefer my Ipod for music in my car. It simply works.