i officially HATE iheartradio!!!

S

spacemanps

Okay so this morning i wanted to listen to Z100... ( i work in NY) and on my way driving i was listening to z100 and they were having this bit i really wanted to listen to.. so i downloaded iheatradio and the program sucks it just constantly buffers.. and everytime i have ever wanted to listen to the radio i cant... on my blackberry it worked but it would cut out and buffer once in the middle of listening, that didnt bother me because i could still listen...

any one know of any radio apps that actually work well..

Oh and when i was trying out iheartradio i had ful bars of 3g coverage!:icon_evil:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uh yeah I can't stand iheartradio.........that's why I use Pandora!! It's the best in my opinion :)

OP
S

spacemanps

Uh yeah I can't stand iheartradio.........that's why I use Pandora!! It's the best in my opinion :)

i do have pandora, and it works great.. butttt.... no live talk radio in the morning... i like z100 in the morning.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
That's all I get with iheartradio is a bunch of buffering, its a pretty worthless app for me.

Geofferson

Reaction score
iheartradio is underwhelming for me as well. I continue to use Slacker as my primary music app.

OP
S

spacemanps

but slacker doesnt have real time radio i thought?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree and hate that it buffers so much. As for Pandora and Slacker, those 2 are fairly interchangable. iHR though is completely different though, it plays actual radio stations so there is no replacement or other app to try. I was also listening to a morning show earlier and it was entertaining until iHR buffered so much and I missed a couple small chunks and then it just stopped streaming. The app looks great, the selection of stations is great, etc, but the buffering sucks.

OP
S

spacemanps

I agree and hate that it buffers so much. As for Pandora and Slacker, those 2 are fairly interchangable. iHR though is completely different though, it plays actual radio stations so there is no replacement or other app to try. I was also listening to a morning show earlier and it was entertaining until iHR buffered so much and I missed a couple small chunks and then it just stopped streaming. The app looks great, the selection of stations is great, etc, but the buffering sucks.

I let it sit and buffer for 10 minutes!!!!!! and it didnt do anything! i was so pissed!

Milehighjc

Reaction score
Something doesnt make sense. I used iheartradio on a recent trip so I could listen to 850AM (Denver) to listen to a Broncos game.

When I was in/around a major metro (eg, Albuquerque NM) it was outstanding. I had at least 90 minutes of solid no interruption no buffering service. The AM signal for 850 was poor down there, but I could get enough of it to test it... iheartradio was only about 10-15 seconds delayed from the live signal.

It cut out a lot once I got out in the sticks and the data service got sketchy, but I kinda expected that. I haven't had occasion to use it since (this was December). Wonder if they did something in an update to break it?

jc

holdout

Reaction score
I just found and downloaded "A online radio" from the market last night and it lets me listen to local radio. Pretty cool with Shoutcast and Icecast directory.

My local station wasn't listed in their directory but I was able to cut & paste the stations streaming URL and it works. One FC so far but I like it and its free in the market.

rgn2000

Reaction score
This buffering issue is a major problem with all the apps that tune live radio. It does not affect Pandora and Slacker. I can't figure out why. I was using StreamItAll to listen to WEEI and it buffered all the time and then would not restart. Sometimes though it did work really well. A few weeks ago I switcehd to A Online Radio and at first it seemed better and then after some time I realized it was no better no worse. I just don't understand how Pandora streams at 128kbs and has no issues but a lousy 32kbs station constantly buffers. I never had a buffering issue with TCPMP on my Winmo phone.

I once contacted the developers of StreamItAll and asked if there is anything they can do and they told me they were probably at the limitations of android. I just don't buy that since Pandora and Slacker work so well.

If someone knows of a decent radio app that does not buffer (when signals are good) please let me know. Please only for LIVE Radio and not made up stations like Pandora, etc.

htbyron

Reaction score
I started using streamfurious recently and like it. They have a good selection of internet radio stations, but I don't know if you can get the specific ones you are looking for, or what to do if you want to listen to a stream that is not listed.

OP
S

spacemanps

I started using streamfurious recently and like it. They have a good selection of internet radio stations, but I don't know if you can get the specific ones you are looking for, or what to do if you want to listen to a stream that is not listed.

to those who are using other live radio streamers, can you please check if you can listen to Z100 (100.3) in New York..?