i need an inexpensive droid until all the new phons come out for VZ

fantom557

Reaction score
i am stuck between phones i am using a bb tour and i hate it so bad i need a phone until the new droid come out for vz i hope nexus because i like that over the new moto. anyway i need to buy inexpensive one because i need some of the apps for work and calendar anyway what do u suggest btw i am paying full price for it so let me know.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Check craigslist, you can usually get a pretty cheap phone off their. At least to hold you over.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
craigslist is probably your best bet.

Droid 2 is going for fairly cheap last I checked it out for a friend and it's a nice phone to hold you over.

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
yep i found a phone for 200 and its android based :) now all i will do is wait until the prime comes out!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
yep i found a phone for 200 and its android based :) now all i will do is wait until the prime comes out!

the rumor is that possibly Nov. 10 is the release date, but this is unconfirmed.

If it's that close and if I were in your shoes, I would've waited the small amount of time and just put up with BB. Your money though;)

cece5702

Reaction score
I'm willing to sell my Orig. DROID. I just need to know how to clear out my personal information.

Sent from my DROIDX

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm willing to sell my Orig. DROID. I just need to know how to clear out my personal information.

Sent from my DROIDX

factory reset wipes all data; email, saved files, music, pictures, passwords, etc. you revert it back to how it was from the factory.

cece5702

Reaction score
factory reset wipes all data; email, saved files, music, pictures, passwords, etc. you revert it back to how it was from the factory.

Oh ok! I'm not sure how much I should sell it for though! It's in good shape!

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
the rumor is that possibly Nov. 10 is the release date, but this is unconfirmed.

If it's that close and if I were in your shoes, I would've waited the small amount of time and just put up with BB. Your money though;)

the bb i am using is so bad i can't even get my contacts on it i can only dial and receive calls. i am going to see is VZ will send me a refurb the phone is from 2009 will see.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
got the phone turns out to be stolen. :(

Before buying phones via craigslist (or wherever), always make sure to check the ESN/MEID number to ensure that the phone has not been reported stolen or lost. I have done this for every phone I've bought on craigslist simply by calling Verizon tech support but I have heard that you can also look it up online. Sorry about your luck though, atleast now hopefully it won't happen again!

Beka27

Reaction score
That sucks. :eek:(

Another option (for the future) is to have the seller meet you at the local Verizon so they can check it prior to the transaction. If the guy won't meet you at the store, you know something is up.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That sucks. :eek:(

Another option (for the future) is to have the seller meet you at the local Verizon so they can check it prior to the transaction. If the guy won't meet you at the store, you know something is up.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Best way to go about purchasing a used Verizon phone. You can check the ESN with the store right there, and have the security of being around the store when exchanging money and the phone.

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
Update to possible stolen phone

so i call tech support and tell ask them when the phone was reported stolen or lost they told me they told me last night at 7pm this was after i made the exchange. when i got home the phone was still active with the number i was texting with over last 2 days. i asked the tech if she found it weird that it took the person 2 days to report it stolen/lost they agreed. so now i am going to wait a few days ntil they activate there new phone then when they day i am going to call the number and see whats going on. there maybe hope yet small but some home. i dont think the guy new what he was doing to sell the phone.