Please i need some advice on what to do wait or not to wait.

fantom557

Reaction score
I am sorry if this post is in the wrong place if not i guessed correct. anyway i have the bb 9930 from vz now i hate it. i used to have the droid bionic but i returned it because i had heard that there where a new crop of phone being released. So i said i will wait for the GN phone that was supposed to be released in nov. i started to use the bb 9930 and i hate it it does nothing for me. now today i still am undecided on what to do should i wait if so how much longer and if decide not to wait what phone to i get the rezoned or the razor. i don't have to worry about price because the bb 9930 was a friends phone that he gave me because he switched to the iPhone 4s(boring phone) i love the droids and i am going crazy not having my droid to play with. any suggestions on what i should do.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It is tough to recommend phones to people because everyone likes different things and wants different things out of them. My suggestion would be if you are really getting anxious to pull the trigger on a new phone you should go to check out the Rezound and Razr and see of you like them, I have seen good things about both of them. If you can wait then hold off for a couple more weeks when the GN will hopefully be out, then you can compare all 3.

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
I just came back from vz store and almost walked out with the razor but I could not pull the trigger yet. Anyway I was talking to one of the vz staff and asked about new phone and he said did not know anything about it I said to him every idiot in the world knows about it don't play dumb he laughed and said they don't know when a new phone is going to be released until 3days before because they don't want to lose business on phones they have in stock.

Thank you

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I completely understand, it seems like a great handset but I am anxious to see what the Nexus is all about. Unless it is a complete disaster when it comes out it is going to be my next phone. And I don't doubt for a second the part about not knowing a date for that reason, it makes perfect sense to me.

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
I completely understand, it seems like a great handset but I am anxious to see what the Nexus is all about. Unless it is a complete disaster when it comes out it is going to be my next phone. And I don't doubt for a second the part about not knowing a date for that reason, it makes perfect sense to me.

It has been like that with every phone release because I think it's in there employment contract. I may just go to the Samsung store in NYC today since its only 20 min from me to see it and see if I would even like that big of a phone. My family says I should get iPhone since everyone else has one in the family I bought 5 4s when they came out. I am the only droid lover

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
If I was that close I would be there lol. And I always do that before making a purchase. I would love to preorder it and get it right away but it is hard for me to do it without having actually tried out the device first. I am beginning to doubt my will power this time around though...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just came back from vz store and almost walked out with the razor but I could not pull the trigger yet. Anyway I was talking to one of the vz staff and asked about new phone and he said did not know anything about it I said to him every idiot in the world knows about it don't play dumb he laughed and said they don't know when a new phone is going to be released until 3days before because they don't want to lose business on phones they have in stock.

Thank you
Verizon employees are kept out of the dark. I have a friend who worked for Verizon and he really was kept in the dark about future phones/release dates.

I too am waiting on the Nexus to come out, and I checked out both the Razr and Rezound but wasn't even close to walking out the store with a new phone. Neither of those phones really wanted me to upgrade from my Inc.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It's very admirable that you want to wait.

But don't.

Why?

You have a phone that you HATE and does NOTHING for you. No one should be stuck with that especially when you can upgrade. The NEXUS is going to be a nice phone, but when you're in a situation like you're in. Getting something like the RAZR, Bionic, or the ReZound isn't a bad thing. Neither of them will be settling for less.

What I would say is set a date. Say by a certain date if the NEXUS isn't out you'll get another phone.

Throw that BB away! :byeBB:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's very admirable that you want to wait.

But don't.

Why?

You have a phone that you HATE and does NOTHING for you. No one should be stuck with that especially when you can upgrade. The NEXUS is going to be a nice phone, but when you're in a situation like you're in. Getting something like the RAZR, Bionic, or the ReZound isn't a bad thing. Neither of them will be settling for less.

What I would say is set a date. Say by a certain date if the NEXUS isn't out you'll get another phone.

Throw that BB away! :byeBB:
Rumor is the release date for the Nexus is now the 9th. If OP can hang onto their phone for 5 more days then hopefully it is worth the wait. If I were in his position I'd just wait the 5 days, I mean put up with it for that long, what's 5 more days? If Nexus isn't out, I'd be picking up a different phone.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Rumor is the release date for the Nexus is now the 9th. If OP can hang onto their phone for 5 more days then hopefully it is worth the wait. If I were in his position I'd just wait the 5 days, I mean put up with it for that long, what's 5 more days? If Nexus isn't out, I'd be picking up a different phone.

Logic would say it should. Since vzw has been putting out demo units at stores. But yeah, if it isn't out by the end of the weekday I'd get something else.

I cant' stand a BB for more than a few mins. Can't imagine living with one for a few years.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Logic would say it should. Since vzw has been putting out demo units at stores. But yeah, if it isn't out by the end of the weekday I'd get something else.

I cant' stand a BB for more than a few mins. Can't imagine living with one for a few years.
There's demo units in stores? :shocked:

May have to take a trip to Verizon later today

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
It's funny every time I give myself an end date I read it's going to be released in the coming week so yes 5 days is not long I will wait. We shall see how all the rumors stack up. I think I am better off with an end date of the 24th this way if it's not released this week I won't be upset.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
There's demo units in stores? :shocked:

May have to take a trip to Verizon later today

Over in NY I think. Someone made a post about using one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Over in NY I think. Someone made a post about using one.

Oh that's the samsung store or something, not Verizon. At least from what I read

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Oh that's the samsung store or something, not Verizon. At least from what I read

There's a Samsung store!