Should i get the motorola or waith for nexus one

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
Ok, makes sense.

All i know is that i like a phone that i can have fun with and customize. and its a badboy phone iphone is for who the hell knows. ijust need to be pointed in the right direction for apps and customization.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Androidzoom.com was recommended recently by several members. Check it out.

Also, another poster mentioned the N1's screen, while very nice it's my understanding it's very difficult to see when outdoors or in brightly lit rooms. I don't speak from personal experience, only from what I've read from many owners.

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
Androidzoom.com was recommended recently by several members. Check it out.

Also, another poster mentioned the N1's screen, while very nice it's my understanding it's very difficult to see when outdoors or in brightly lit rooms. I don't speak from personal experience, only from what I've read from many owners.
iphone had that problem it was very bad.

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Honestly, if money is no issue, I would be all over the Droid now and all over the Nexus when it was released, then again I am a phone addict and go through around 3-4 phones a year, and I'm a damn college student! I can't really afford to do it, but I'm addicted to new tech. But yeah, if money is no problem, grab them both.

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
Honestly, if money is no issue, I would be all over the Droid now and all over the Nexus when it was released, then again I am a phone addict and go through around 3-4 phones a year, and I'm a damn college student! I can't really afford to do it, but I'm addicted to new tech. But yeah, if money is no problem, grab them both.
yep thats me but i am in my 40's and i can afford all the toys now.

dusbbal2008

Reaction score
I bought my Droid used from eBay for 370 bucks with no contract, and it works perfect. I'd go that route rather than getting the Droid with the contract and reselling it. Reason being, with a contract you're still spending 200 last I checked from Verizon. When the N1 comes it will probably be more expensive. I would say that you would save more money buying the Droid used or at least with no contract from eBay with a seller with 100% feedback than getting the Droid via contract and buying the N1 without when it comes.

For example a brand new Droid on eBay with no contract right now is about 550 bucks give or take. A Nexus One is 650-700.

So you would do better to buy the Droid off of contract...you would save more money in the long run.

New Droid 550....you might be able to sell this used later and use the money WITH a contract to basically get the N1 "for free". If you get the Droid on contract now and sell it used when the N1 comes, you will get say 200 bucks but then you still need to fork over at least 300 more bucks to get the N1 with no contract. Easily.

your idea is flawed. lets say i buy the droid now from amazon for 100 bucks with two year contract. I sale it 5 or 6 months later for 300. Right now im 200 ahead. I then buy a nexus one for 500 - 600. So it costs me 300 - 400 bucks in the end for having both phones

if i buy a new droid without a contract now for 500. then sale it a few months later for 300. I'm still down 200. Now i have to pay the 100-200 for the nexus one contract. so im still down 300-400 and my contract is now running 6 months later.

I'm having a hard time seeing how buying the droid now at full price and the nexus one later at a contract would be any significantly better. Now it may end up being a little better but not like you are talking about and my contract is now 6 months later than it could have been.

but that is just my opinion.

D

dman91

I was on a T-Mobile family plan considering the N1 but jumped to Verizon on my own contract to get the Droid because of the physical keyboard (and reliable 3G coverage). I like the keyboard and it really comes in handy when playing Pokemon. I hate the touchscreen controls for playing emulated games.

I really don't see much of a difference between the Droid and N1 but both are great devices.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Just an FYI. I saw this posted on Engadget (with video). The N1 may have a hardware issue. Whether or not this will be addressed by the time it gets to Verizon is anyones guess. I assume they would place the CDMA radio in the same place, but perhaps the differing radio signal may make this moot. I'm no techy.

Nexus One 3G issues persist, hardware related? Boy Genius Report

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
just wait for the HTC Scorpion... it may even support WiMax

HMJB

Reaction score
Go for the droid. by the time N1 comes to Verizon.. they will be announcing Droid 2 :p

That is if they plan to upgrade the model every year.....which i think they will because Droid was pretty successful....

jacestone40

Reaction score
If i was not so impatient I would have waited for the Nexus One...but I do love my droid

nolanandy

Reaction score
i am current a VZ customer and i have the BB tour i hate it. should i get the Motorola droid or wait for nexus one to come to VZ.

do you know when N1 will come to VZ? nobody knows....IMO, if Google want to promote Android, then they will stay with GSM services. If Google want to go after the smartphone market, then they will release N1 to VZ. Because if N1 comes to VZ, they will kill the Droid. However, Google announced that they will have their own broadband yesterday...I guess they have too much money to spend....they're going to give out free service in some area.

M

Matth3w

just wait for the HTC Scorpion... it may even support WiMax
Why should he wait? I don't see anything that even confirms this phone's existence let alone what network carrier it would be on.