Should i get the motorola or waith for nexus one

M

Matth3w

You're missing the point, I wasn't saying he "had" to buy the this phone. I was just asking why he would make the suggestion to wait for a phone that doesn't even officially exist yet.

Reaction score
In hopes for it to exist? People do that you know? i know people waiting for the iPhone to come to Verizon. Should of said "why should he wait for this device?".

M

Matth3w

The HTC Scorpion doesn't officially exist, nor has it even been rumored that it would come to Verizon (from what I could find on Google) if it did...so it's a little different than waiting for an iPhone considering the iPhone exists AND has rumored to be coming to Verizon at some point in time.

mcumeda

Reaction score
I was in the same boat, but I decided to go ahead and get the Droid. I was coming from the original iPhone, and the Droid just flies in comparison.

I know that the N1 has better specs than the Droid, but I am not sure I would be able to tell the difference in everyday life because I rarely, if ever, feel like I am waiting for a program or website to load.

I love the masculine look of the Droid too. It is quite different looking than most of the high end phones out there. I like being a little different, and I was anxious to get rid of the iPhone since everyone else has one now. I think the N1, looks-wise, would just blend into the ocean of iPhones out there.

I have never picked up a N1, but the Droid's build quality is excellent. It is solid. I don't know how they made a sliding phone feel so great, but they did. I love the clicking noise the screen makes when you slide it on and off the keyboard.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
IMO, if Google want to promote Android, then they will stay with GSM services. If Google want to go after the smartphone market, then they will release N1 to VZ. Because if N1 comes to VZ, they will kill the Droid.
That's an interesting take. Did the Droid "kill" the Eris in your opinion?

Google's goal is to get Android out there as much as possible, regardless of the carrier's network tech. I don't see how protecting the Droid from competition benefits anyone except Motorola. Verizon sells service. More choices are always better for the consumer IMO.

Last edited:
OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
i got it love it and i will post my thoughts later on. where should i post it so all you can see. in this thread or a different thread.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
just wait for the HTC Scorpion... it may even support WiMax
Why should he wait? I don't see anything that even confirms this phone's existence let alone what network carrier it would be on.

i was just trying to make a point, and i guess it got lost in translation... lol....

if you're always looking onto the next device, you will never find one that you are happy with...

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well let's see........I would probably.....go for the.........

DROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asmallchild

Reaction score
Droid, I love that hardware keyboard

Although a verizon iphone could change my mind

M

Matth3w

just wait for the HTC Scorpion... it may even support WiMax
Why should he wait? I don't see anything that even confirms this phone's existence let alone what network carrier it would be on.

i was just trying to make a point, and i guess it got lost in translation... lol....

if you're always looking onto the next device, you will never find one that you are happy with...
Ah, I missed the sarcasm or whatever. :)