Should i get the motorola or waith for nexus one

fantom557

Reaction score
i am current a VZ customer and i have the BB tour i hate it. should i get the Motorola droid or wait for nexus one to come to VZ.

backlash

Reaction score
Go use both, see which one you like. Best advice I could give ya. Although I think the hardware specs on the Nexus One beat the Moto Droid.

qoncept

Reaction score
I assume since you're asking that you don't care about having a physical keyboard. Other than the keyboard and being available on Verizon today, I don't see a single advantage the Droid has over the Nexus One. If you can wait, I probably would. If you can't, the Droid is still a great phone.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Go use both, see which one you like.

Unless you know someone that has a NexusOne it will be hard to see as they are sold over the web only.

SuGaR

Reaction score
Nexus one has better hardware as someone stated. Only other main difference is that the Moto Droid has the physical keyboard. Personally I wish I would have waited to get the Nexus One because I hate the physical keyboard on this phone.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Problem is, no one really knows when the N1 will be released on Verizon. Spring 2010 could easily translate into second quarter and release dates are commonly pushed back. So take that into consideration.

Magdroid

Reaction score
Personally, I would wait for the Nexus 1. You will get faster updates, faster hardware. With the Droid, you have to go through the update pains (which we are currently going thru), and the only advantage is the physical keyboard, which is barely used.

Dmoralize

Reaction score
While the specs are better on the N1, I personally like the physical design and keyboard better on the Droid. Angular, metal, glass, heavy.

Like everyone else has said, it's all personal preference.

mikespe

Reaction score
Let's not forget the Droid is built like a tank...it's a solid phone. I believe the N1 is more light weight and "flimsier" feel to it...(I am speaking based on what I have read and not from having experience with the N1)...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You might be waiting a while, no real date when VZW will get the Nexus.

dusbbal2008

Reaction score
My contract is up at the end of the month...I am planning on buying a droid....whenever the nexus one comes to verizon would I be able to sell my droid and activate the nexus one or is the contract tied to the droid itself? Would this cause any problems or is it perfectly ok? Sorry if this is a dumb question or one that has already been asked 10000 times. Thanks

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Contract isn't tied to the Droid, but you would have to pay full price for the Nexus, as you won't be able to use your update on your plan.