1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Should i get the motorola or waith for nexus one

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by fantom557, Feb 11, 2010.

1. fantom557

fantom557 New Member

i am current a VZ customer and i have the BB tour i hate it. should i get the Motorola droid or wait for nexus one to come to VZ.
  2. backlash

backlash New Member

Go use both, see which one you like. Best advice I could give ya. Although I think the hardware specs on the Nexus One beat the Moto Droid.
  3. qoncept

qoncept New Member

I assume since you're asking that you don't care about having a physical keyboard. Other than the keyboard and being available on Verizon today, I don't see a single advantage the Droid has over the Nexus One. If you can wait, I probably would. If you can't, the Droid is still a great phone.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Unless you know someone that has a NexusOne it will be hard to see as they are sold over the web only.
  5. SuGaR

SuGaR New Member

Nexus one has better hardware as someone stated. Only other main difference is that the Moto Droid has the physical keyboard. Personally I wish I would have waited to get the Nexus One because I hate the physical keyboard on this phone.
  6. StupidGenius

StupidGenius Member

Problem is, no one really knows when the N1 will be released on Verizon. Spring 2010 could easily translate into second quarter and release dates are commonly pushed back. So take that into consideration.
  7. Magdroid

Magdroid New Member

Personally, I would wait for the Nexus 1. You will get faster updates, faster hardware. With the Droid, you have to go through the update pains (which we are currently going thru), and the only advantage is the physical keyboard, which is barely used.
  8. Dmoralize

Dmoralize New Member

While the specs are better on the N1, I personally like the physical design and keyboard better on the Droid. Angular, metal, glass, heavy.

Like everyone else has said, it's all personal preference.
  9. mikespe

mikespe New Member

Let's not forget the Droid is built like a tank...it's a solid phone. I believe the N1 is more light weight and "flimsier" feel to it...(I am speaking based on what I have read and not from having experience with the N1)...
  10. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

You might be waiting a while, no real date when VZW will get the Nexus.
  11. dusbbal2008

dusbbal2008 New Member

My contract is up at the end of the month...I am planning on buying a droid....whenever the nexus one comes to verizon would I be able to sell my droid and activate the nexus one or is the contract tied to the droid itself? Would this cause any problems or is it perfectly ok? Sorry if this is a dumb question or one that has already been asked 10000 times. Thanks
  12. Martin030908

Contract isn't tied to the Droid, but you would have to pay full price for the Nexus, as you won't be able to use your update on your plan.
  13. iPirate

iPirate New Member

Get Droid and keep Droid.
  14. souljerr

souljerr New Member

If you want a keyboard get a Droid. If you don't get the N1.
  15. speed4tu

speed4tu New Member

I have the droid now but will probably buy a N1 when it is available.
  16. dusbbal2008

dusbbal2008 New Member

Thanks for your help...yea I realize I'd have to pay full price but I could recoup some of the cost if I sell the droid...I don't know if I would actually want to do it it is just nice knowing I have an option
  17. qoncept

qoncept New Member

Isn't the Nexus One made out of aluminum? It's lighter but I'm pretty sure it's not flimsier.

It hasnt been mentioned yet, but the Nexus One has an AMOLED screen. That means it should actually be usable as a night time clock instead of way to bright even with hacks on the Droid.
  18. Martin030908

By the time the Nexus hits VZW there most likely will be other phones you might be interested in. I'd Droid now, and see what comes down the pipeline later. :)

Selling your Droid will help recoup having to pay full price for another device.
  19. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    I bought my Droid used from eBay for 370 bucks with no contract, and it works perfect. I'd go that route rather than getting the Droid with the contract and reselling it. Reason being, with a contract you're still spending 200 last I checked from Verizon. When the N1 comes it will probably be more expensive. I would say that you would save more money buying the Droid used or at least with no contract from eBay with a seller with 100% feedback than getting the Droid via contract and buying the N1 without when it comes.

For example a brand new Droid on eBay with no contract right now is about 550 bucks give or take. A Nexus One is 650-700.

So you would do better to buy the Droid off of contract...you would save more money in the long run.

New Droid 550....you might be able to sell this used later and use the money WITH a contract to basically get the N1 "for free". If you get the Droid on contract now and sell it used when the N1 comes, you will get say 200 bucks but then you still need to fork over at least 300 more bucks to get the N1 with no contract. Easily.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  20. katucker89

katucker89 New Member

The external speaker on the Droid is much higher quality than Nexus. I am a musician and in my guitar ensemble I used a metronome on the Droid for 5 guitar players to play along to because our drummer didn't show up. This thing is loud! I also prefer the design of the Droid and have heard that the Nexus doesn't feel as solidly built. Plus the physical keyboard. No matter how much I love my Droid, Nexus still makes me a little jealous though, mostly because it has double the memory. With a little bit of work, the processors are the same speed now.:motdroidhoriz: