I love this phone

GoBears

Reaction score
The Rezound is better then the GNEX. I returned my gnex for it. The Rezound has a better camera and takes MUCH better pictures, and the radio in it is much better. My Gnex constantly dropped to 3g while my Rezound maintains 4g in the exact same place. It also has beats audio which is cool. The only thing the GNex has going for it is ICS, and the Rezound is getting that next year Q1. Oh, and the battery life is better.

Haha Beats audio. Now go temp root your phone and hide your bloat. I hear crickets chirp when I check the rezound development thread, that's one reason I'm rocking the GNex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The rezound doesnt even have permanent root....someone who likes the rezound more should have done more research and not bought the nexus in the first place. After all, the nexus is a developer phone..

rod

Reaction score
One of the main reasons I stuck with the D1 for so long was because of the dev community. Aside from age, the only reason why I upgraded to the Nexus is because of the potential dev community. There's already sections in the dev forum for all my favorite tried/tested roms. Within a week I had already rooted this phone, contrary to a silent promise I made to myself to enjoy stock for at least a couple weeks (who can enjoy stock with complete freedom to be had?). I'm already using a custom rom and don't regret anything about this phone.

I'm really looking forward to what the community brings to this phone. Can't imagine the possibilities.

dagdoot

Reaction score
The Rezound is better then the GNEX. I returned my gnex for it. The Rezound has a better camera and takes MUCH better pictures, and the radio in it is much better. My Gnex constantly dropped to 3g while my Rezound maintains 4g in the exact same place. It also has beats audio which is cool. The only thing the GNex has going for it is ICS, and the Rezound is getting that next year Q1. Oh, and the battery life is better.

The rezound is a good phone but you cant say its "better" then the GNEX". You may like it more and thats fine, thats why they make different phones.. I like the rezound, I had a thunderbolt and I loved it once custom roms fixed all the issues, i can only assume its WAY better then the thunderbolt, and I loved sense. After having my nexus for just over a week now ive unlocked it, rooted it and just put a custom rom/kernal on it a week after its out! There are already a lot of custom roms, kernals, mods, ect for this phone. I cant wait to see whats out in the coming months that will make this phone even more enjoyable. If you like the rezound thats fine just take your joy to the rezound forums.

Xquisite

Reaction score
The rezound is a good phone but you cant say its "better" then the GNEX". You may like it more and thats fine, thats why they make different phones.. I like the rezound, I had a thunderbolt and I loved it once custom roms fixed all the issues, i can only assume its WAY better then the thunderbolt, and I loved sense. After having my nexus for just over a week now ive unlocked it, rooted it and just put a custom rom/kernal on it a week after its out! There are already a lot of custom roms, kernals, mods, ect for this phone. I cant wait to see whats out in the coming months that will make this phone even more enjoyable. If you like the rezound thats fine just take your joy to the rezound forums.

I've never rooted, so not being able to root doesn't concern me. The most important reasons I use my phone are 1. Business 2. Internet Browsing 3. Camera It's hard to do business when the Nexus is constantly dropping calls because the radio in it is terrible while my Rezound has a fantastic radio. It's also hard to browse the internet when 4g on the Nexus kept dropping and causing things to load slowly. The rezound keeps 4g in areas the Nexus would normally drop it. Finally, the camera on the Nexus is pretty damn bad. The Rezound takes MUCH better photos. And the battery life is better on the Rezound.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Love this phone, still can't put it down 8 days later.

Let others talk, why should their opinions matter? There's a reason why we all went with Android, variety. Sure each phone has its ups and downs, but at least we have choices. They made a choice to order X phone and we chose to go with the Nexus. Maybe some of them lost patience and just wanted a new phone so they settled with X phone, who knows? I'm not here to judge others' choices, especially if they are happy with their current phones. I chose the Nexus cause it was for me and I have no ounce of regret in picking it up. If we all really wanted no debates or opposing opinions, we'd all be iPhone owners:p

Snow02

Reaction score
I enjoy the gnex. I wish ICS ran just a touch smoother however. Something akin to the S2's performance would be nice. I'm sure I'll be included in a future rom.

Load up a 4.0.3 rom. It's night and day.

Xquisite

Reaction score
Haha Beats audio. Now go temp root your phone and hide your bloat. I hear crickets chirp when I check the rezound development thread, that's one reason I'm rocking the GNex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I don't root, so thats of no concern.

dagdoot

Reaction score
I've never rooted, so not being able to root doesn't concern me. The most important reasons I use my phone are 1. Business 2. Internet Browsing 3. Camera It's hard to do business when the Nexus is constantly dropping calls because the radio in it is terrible while my Rezound has a fantastic radio. It's also hard to browse the internet when 4g on the Nexus kept dropping and causing things to load slowly. The rezound keeps 4g in areas the Nexus would normally drop it. Finally, the camera on the Nexus is pretty damn bad. The Rezound takes MUCH better photos. And the battery life is better on the Rezound.

I understand the frustrations with the radio dropping signal and having overall crappy signal compared to my TB. The camera on the nexus is not that bad in my experience, you had to take pictures just right though for it to come out good, its easy to mess them up, i wouldnt say its "MUCH" better but thats really subjective i guess. I get 12+ hours of usage with my nexus with a good amount of use, especially since its still new to me im using it more then i normally would. I havent had bad data droppage but im only in 3g area so. The nexus will improve with time and the "kinks" will get ironed out, im sticking with it though. Rezound isint a bad phone, just not the phone for me since i like tinkering. If the rezound is for you then have at it, if you enjoy it thats what matters but ya cant bash other phones(not saying you are).

Al Neri

Reaction score
I really like my Bionic but I had a chance to play a bit with the Nexus....wow! I didn't have the patience to wait since I upgraded back in September but I wish I had. I can only hope that once ICS hits the Bionic that it runs as smoothly.

Xquisite

Reaction score
I understand the frustrations with the radio dropping signal and having overall crappy signal compared to my TB. The camera on the nexus is not that bad in my experience, you had to take pictures just right though for it to come out good, its easy to mess them up, i wouldnt say its "MUCH" better but thats really subjective i guess. I get 12+ hours of usage with my nexus with a good amount of use, especially since its still new to me im using it more then i normally would. I havent had bad data droppage but im only in 3g area so. The nexus will improve with time and the "kinks" will get ironed out, im sticking with it though. Rezound isint a bad phone, just not the phone for me since i like tinkering. If the rezound is for you then have at it, if you enjoy it thats what matters but ya cant bash other phones(not saying you are).

"but ya cant bash other phones(not saying you are)

Sounds like you're saying I am..but ok.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I really like my Bionic but I had a chance to play a bit with the Nexus....wow! I didn't have the patience to wait since I upgraded back in September but I wish I had. I can only hope that once ICS hits the Bionic that it runs as smoothly.

I grabbed the Bionic back in Sept as well. It's going on ebay next week! :)

soulshot96

Reaction score
Dude I don't care what anyone says this phone amazing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

x25064

Reaction score
It was a slow burner for me. I wanted this phone to be more then it is. I wanted it to be BETTER then an S2, but I realized that's just not possible. It will be, once the devs have been given time to crack this gem open.

So far, I can live with the bugs knowing that they will be fixed, either officially or through its community. I am liking this handset more and more every day. Are there things I would change? Hell yeah. I'd love for it to have an exnyos processor rather then a TIOMAP, and I'd love the camera sensor from the S2, but just the fact that verizon carries this at all is amazing, so I don't kick a gift horse in the mouth.

All in all, as January 15th gets closer, I am less and less likely to turn this baby in.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love the Nexus and am seeing the development community fix a lot of stuff. We are only a week in and majority of the issues have been fixed. If you are having reception issues, like I am , I understand the frustrations. Hopefully the data issues see a true fix.

To those who may not like the nexus its ok choose the device that is best for you.