What's with all the Negativity?

OP
H

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
All I will say is pay attention to the ones that had a smartphone before, used Android before, used an LTE phone before, pointed out some research by a tech site.

The battery life complaints aren't made up, especially if they fall into one of the categories above that used these type of phones before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

People just need to do there research before buying a phone.

Devices:
DroidX: Liberty 3 v2.0 (Current)
Lg Revolution: Gingervolt 1.3
Droid 1 (Retired)
Moto Cliq (Retired)

Big Ry

Reaction score
All I will say is pay attention to the ones that had a smartphone before, used Android before, used an LTE phone before, pointed out some research by a tech site.

The battery life complaints aren't made up, especially if they fall into one of the categories above that used these type of phones before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Well I just don't see it. I expected more with an amoled screen. But at the same time, im going from 3.7" to 4.65" screen and 3G to 4G, so it's no wonder my battery life is about the same.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't consider it bashing or hate to point out that a product has flaws. Ignoring the flaws in the Nexus won't get any attention from google to fix them.

The "it's a phone first not a camera" argument is so old and tired. That argument made total sense when phones with cameras first came out, but there are phones with really good cameras, which means the technology exists, so the old excuse is no longer valid.

To say "it's a phone first if you want good pics buy a real camera" is the same as saying "it's a phone first, if you want reliable data use your pc".

pyro6128

Reaction score
It's almost all razr and rezound owners trying to justify their purchases. They're just mad they're stuck with the ugly stepchildren haha

OP
H

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
It's almost all razr and rezound owners trying to justify their purchases. They're just mad they're stuck with the ugly stepchildren haha

Haha +1

Devices:
Droid 1 (Retired)
Moto Cliq (Retired)

meaker

Reaction score
I wonder why the hate also. I came from a D1 and then a DX. I do miss a few things that came with blur on the dc but for the most part love this phone. The camera is awesome for a phone. Love the zero shutter lag. A yellow led light might have been better for the flash. I'm using the extended battery and as long as you don't keep the screen on it gets good battery life. The 4g speeds are incredible. Faster then my wifi. Then only thing I really dislike is the speaker volume. Over all a really good phone and will be first inline for updates..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
H

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
I wonder why the hate also. I came from a D1 and then a DX. I do miss a few things that came with blur on the dc but for the most part love this phone. The camera is awesome for a phone. Love the zero shutter lag. A yellow led light might have been better for the flash. I'm using the extended battery and as long as you don't keep the screen on it gets good battery life. The 4g speeds are incredible. Faster then my wifi. Then only thing I really dislike is the speaker volume. Over all a really good phone and will be first inline for updates..

Couldn't have said it better.

Devices:
Droid 1 (Retired)
Moto Cliq (Retired)

shortsxit

Reaction score
I don't know what's worse: The people who complain about such minor things like the notification light, or the people that automatically dismiss anybody who doesn't bow down before the Nexus.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I don't know what's worse: The people who complain about such minor things like the notification light, or the people that automatically dismiss anybody who doesn't bow down before the Nexus.

haha.. show the king some respect ;)

i really have no issues with the phone.. cept my one app doesnt work.. and its not a phone issue.. its a developer app issue.. thats being worked on.. great phone.. all around.. so happy with it.. a million times better than my Tbolt.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

So the folks that actually have a G Nex and have complaints.....are justifying their G Nex purchase? You lost me with this one....

1. Since some folks actually had a G Nex and switched to a Rezound an RAZR makes this invalid.

2. Have we forgot that after a certain date Verizon extended the return date for phones? So some folks had a chance to try out probably all 3 with no return issues....and still chose something other than the G Nex.

I assumed this thread was about complaints from G Nex owners. Or ppl that actually tried the phone and chose something else. Also we gotta look at the G Nex was probably put on a giant pedestal by some folks and for some its not living up to it. It always happens....with any phone, device, etc.

I think this posts says it best:

pyro6128

Reaction score
So the folks that actually have a G Nex and have complaints.....are justifying their G Nex purchase? You lost me with this one....

1. Since some folks actually had a G Nex and switched to a Rezound an RAZR makes this invalid.

2. Have we forgot that after a certain date Verizon extended the return date for phones? So some folks had a chance to try out probably all 3 with no return issues....and still chose something other than the G Nex.

I assumed this thread was about complaints from G Nex owners. Or ppl that actually tried the phone and chose something else. Also we gotta look at the G Nex was probably put on a giant pedestal by some folks and for some its not living up to it. It always happens....with any phone, device, etc.

I think this posts says it best:

Well in regards to the first thing you said, that's a strawman argument and a half so I won't waste my time. Moving on, look up the word "almost". And lastly, the comment was largely meant to be humorous. I'm surprised you didn't say "and lastly phones can't be children... You lost me there" ;)

sb1831

Reaction score
My guess is it's because of the blatant fanbois that go into any thread that mentions an issue just to point out they don't have the same issue. I'm on my 2nd Nexus now, after returning my first because of connectivity issues. Any thread that is started about the KNOWN ISSUES is full of people running to the defense of their phone. If i'm having an issue i REALLY don't care that you're not. You not having the problem in no way helps me fix my phone.

threads go like this

OP: I'm having issues with dropped calls and data...
2nd Person with Issues: Me too, I've called VZW and they told me they're working on a fix for this. \

Fanboi1: No dropped calls or issues here. This is T3H best phone since my OG Droid
Fanboi2: Are you SURE you're having data issues? No Issues here?

OP: Here's a screen shot showing proof that i am in fact having issues.

FB1: yeah you're not having issues. Here's an article addressing how this unrelated issue is all in your head. :
FB2: I told them they didnt have an issue this phone is awesome.

OP: but guys i just posted evidence

FB1: you're wrong sorry OP (insert straw man argument here)
FB2: dude i would totally buy you a late using googe wallet

pyro6128

Reaction score
FB1: you're wrong sorry OP (insert straw man argument here)
FB2: dude i would totally buy you a late using googe wallet

Well played...well played haha

Rampant

Reaction score
I went from Nexus to a Razr. I'm not totally happy with the Razr but in my area it fits my needs better than the nexus. It just depends on what you use your phone for.

I think part of it is the nexus hype. I waited for a month or two for the nexus to come out with my barely functioning, beaten to hell droid. All the press was something like "omg this is amazing", only when I bought it I found a bunch of (to me) unbearable flaws.

I think where you live, and how much your personal usage matches a typical tech journalist = how good reviews and research can do. In the end, only owning a phone and using it for a while can tell you how it does for your needs. The Gnex had some really awesome stuff (ICS was very nice, and the phone was wicked fast) but also issues (call quality and signal). Depending on where you live and how you use your phone, these may be trivial issues (like for me and motoblur on my razr. annoying but not a big deal) or a huge problem.

I think forums are good for people to complain but not just about the features but how they use their phone and their priorities. This is more useful feedback than sterile tech reviews.

ChrisU

Reaction score
I just traded my razr for this phone.... No regrets. Tge razr had major data issues, signal issues, battery issues, and even with my large frame hands it was poor ergonomics.