What's with all the Negativity?

captdroid

Reaction score
I went from Nexus to a Razr. I'm not totally happy with the Razr but in my area it fits my needs better than the nexus. It just depends on what you use your phone for.

I think part of it is the nexus hype. I waited for a month or two for the nexus to come out with my barely functioning, beaten to hell droid. All the press was something like "omg this is amazing", only when I bought it I found a bunch of (to me) unbearable flaws.

I think where you live, and how much your personal usage matches a typical tech journalist = how good reviews and research can do. In the end, only owning a phone and using it for a while can tell you how it does for your needs. The Gnex had some really awesome stuff (ICS was very nice, and the phone was wicked fast) but also issues (call quality and signal). Depending on where you live and how you use your phone, these may be trivial issues (like for me and motoblur on my razr. annoying but not a big deal) or a huge problem.

I think forums are good for people to complain but not just about the features but how they use their phone and their priorities. This is more useful feedback than sterile tech reviews.

Ain't it time for you to hit the Razr threads?! I mean now that you have a Razr you can go to those threads and jump up and down about what you don't like about the Razr right?! Or is it you simply miss the Galaxy Nexus?! :p :D

Rampant

Reaction score
Lol I will in a sec. don't get your panties in a bunch :p

I wanted to love the Nexus but ended up hating it. Before people spend a day fighting it, I decided to try and pay it forward for those who might look at forums (like I probably should have) before they buy their phone.

If you have a problem with my opinion just put me on ignore ;)

captdroid

Reaction score
Lol I will in a sec. don't get your panties in a bunch :p

I wanted to love the Nexus but ended up hating it. Before people spend a day fighting it, I decided to try and pay it forward for those who might look at forums (like I probably should have) before they buy their phone.

If you have a problem with my opinion just put me on ignore ;)

haha seems you are the one with 'panties in a bunch' LOL :D Now run along with your razr :) I'm sure the razr guys will welcome you with open arms... crying and all :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went from Nexus to a Razr. I'm not totally happy with the Razr but in my area it fits my needs better than the nexus. It just depends on what you use your phone for.

I think part of it is the nexus hype. I waited for a month or two for the nexus to come out with my barely functioning, beaten to hell droid. All the press was something like "omg this is amazing", only when I bought it I found a bunch of (to me) unbearable flaws.

I think where you live, and how much your personal usage matches a typical tech journalist = how good reviews and research can do. In the end, only owning a phone and using it for a while can tell you how it does for your needs. The Gnex had some really awesome stuff (ICS was very nice, and the phone was wicked fast) but also issues (call quality and signal). Depending on where you live and how you use your phone, these may be trivial issues (like for me and motoblur on my razr. annoying but not a big deal) or a huge problem.

I think forums are good for people to complain but not just about the features but how they use their phone and their priorities. This is more useful feedback than sterile tech reviews.

While I agree for the most part, some tech sites, reviews are more accurate than others. Key is the reviews, tech sites that cover your wants n needs in detail. So far there are 2 sites I would probably put more stock in than any, maybe 3. And I dont think you really have to go into a forum section to warn others about that forum's device. Ppl that read the forums will make up their own minds if they should not get, be fore warned about a device based on issues they see posted. Which is why when ppl post issues they are having with their G Nex, RAZR, Bionic, Rezound, [insert phone here] they shouldnt be dismissed.

What some of us need to realize is that there are some ppl having real, real world, legitimate issues. It is what it is. Whoever thought the G Nex was gonna be perfect was seriously lying to themselves. No phone is perfect...none.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I could understand complaining about signal issues if you are having them.

But as far as the phone itself it's pretty darn great!

The roms for this phone are amazing so far! If there is anything you don't like just change it.

Aside from my occasional issues with dropped service I love this phone!

OP
H

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
haha seems you are the one with 'panties in a bunch' LOL :D Now run along with your razr :) I'm sure the razr guys will welcome you with open arms... crying and all :)

Hahaha lol rofl

Devices:
DroidX: Liberty 3 v2.0 (Current)
Lg Revolution: Gingervolt 1.3
Droid 1 (Retired)
Moto Cliq (Retired)

x25064

Reaction score
I could understand complaining about signal issues if you are having them.

But as far as the phone itself it's pretty darn great!

The roms for this phone are amazing so far! If there is anything you don't like just change it.

Aside from my occasional issues with dropped service I love this phone!

Well said. I hated this phone at first but its grown on me hardcore. I guess me buying accessories for it means its staying haha. I'm going to run a rom on it tomorrow or tonight and see what changes.

Compared to other vzw phones the nexus is a clear decision for me, I love the razr, but I like my nexus better. Not being a snob, I think the razr is great. Now this phone compared to the galaxy s2 , specifically the epic touch? Your setting gyourself up for disappointment. My only complaint about the nexus that isn't a fixable issue -- its not the S2.

wil318466

Reaction score
I went from a Fascinate to the Nexus and really couldn't be happier. I'm astonished at how much better the battery is, and equally astonished people are complaining about it.

I've had batteries go from 100 down to zero within hours. I can use this phone for easily 6-10 hours pretty heavy usage, and 24 with light usage. I recharge every day, but now I can even miss overnight charging and still be ok halfway through the next day. That wasn't possible with my old phone.

I don't understand the complaining either. This is so much better than what I've had it's a joke.