I have the worst luck.. :( Insurance question.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My first Maxx had a sound issue and since it was with in the 14 days I got a new one to replace it. I love my Maxx and it has had no issues since until today. It's my fault and I want to cry. It was in the car holder and it was in its Otterbox Defender but some how it fell out of the car holder and must have hit just right even with the case it broke the screen. :(( Its not shattered but the screen under the top one has a crack that I did not see until I got home. The screen will not work at all. My question is do I call Verizon or go straight to Asurion? I went to Asurion to check into how the claim process is going to work but when I click on file claim a screen pops up but there are no words and I tried three different web browsers. Of course I then read reviews on Asurion and they where almost all bad so I had a sick feeling in my stomach. Just looking for advice and maybe some info on Asurion that is not all bad. Thanks for letting me vent I plan to call someone once my husband gets home and I can use his cell to make a call since my phone works but I can't see anything.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asurion will handle it i think its a 100.00 deductible. just call them they will 2 day mail you one

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
What justin82 said. If you are having issues with asurion's website, it's best to just pick up the phone and call. Sometimes, the old fashioned way works the best, anyhow.

Chukee

Reaction score
In my dealings with them they havent been all that bad. Most complaints i have seen are people getting refurbs which if you read the terms thats what you agreed to. Just make sure the phone works fully because i believe you only have a small window to return it and get another one.

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Okay thank you. I will call then this evening.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Sorry for your bad luck. Hopefully this is all works out for you and you are able to continue your good experience with the new Maxx.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have had nothing but great service from Assurion. One cracked screen, and one drown phone. In both cases, I went on the web, filled out the form, and got a new phone. Sounds like web issues. Hopefully temporary.

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have had nothing but great service from Assurion. One cracked screen, and one drown phone. In both cases, I went on the web, filled out the form, and got a new phone. Sounds like web issues. Hopefully temporary.

Good to hear! I wish the website worked so I could get the ball rolling!

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sigh another question. I got the online claim to work on my husbands computer and all was going well until it told me its on back order? I did not hit send quite yet since I really can't be with out a phone for a long time. Any one had back ordered Maxx's and how long until you got one? This is so not my day. :(

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
May turn out to be Great news, when that happened to me I ended up with a New (not refurb) as my insurance replacement.
Keep a good thought, may wanna call them when you get a phone to use. Turn on the crocodile tears:)

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
May turn out to be Great news, when that happened to me I ended up with a New (not refurb) as my insurance replacement.
Keep a good thought, may wanna call them when you get a phone to use. Turn on the crocodile tears:)

How long did you have to wait?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
How long did you have to wait?

If memory serves, I didn't. I called Verizon and basically said, "As contractually agreed, I attempted to seek remedy through Assurion the approved Insurance source. They did not have a phone for me and I need a phone. I have a business, I have kids and my phone is a requirement not a luxery. I have NO home line which means you now have a 911 liability issue. I know you can not tell by my voice but I am not a 16 year old girl who flushed her phone and now I can't text my BFF or Boyfriend, Now what are you going to do to help me?"

They upgraded me to a phone they did have. Now, that part may not interest you BUT, does anyone really believe there would be a time there are NO phones ANYWHERE? Hotels are never really out of rooms either.

Sorry for the long answer.

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If memory serves, I didn't. I called Verizon and basically said, "As contractually agreed, I attempted to seek remedy through Assurion the approved Insurance source. They did not have a phone for me and I need a phone. I have a business, I have kids and my phone is a requirement not a luxery. I have NO home line which means you now have a 911 liability issue. I know you can not tell by my voice but I am not a 16 year old girl who flushed her phone and now I can't text my BFF or Boyfriend, Now what are you going to do to help me?"

They upgraded me to a phone they did have. Now, that part may not interest you BUT, does anyone really believe there would be a time there are NO phones ANYWHERE? Hotels are never really out of rooms either.

Sorry for the long answer.

Not a long answer. I will have to call them and see if they will reactivate my old presmart phone which was an old altell phone I have the same issue I can't be with out a phone I can do with out the smart but need the phone and I can't wait a month or more if I have to then they better let me reactivate the old one I have. Not looking forward to calling them tonight. I can't believe I broke my phone I am SO mad at myself right now.:mad:

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Not a long answer. I will have to call them and see if they will reactivate my old presmart phone which was an old altell phone I have the same issue I can't be with out a phone I can do with out the smart but need the phone and I can't wait a month or more if I have to then they better let me reactivate the old one I have. Not looking forward to calling them tonight. I can't believe I broke my phone I am SO mad at myself right now.:mad:
Call verizon before you reactivate an old non-smart phone! I'm not 100% sure but, I "think" you will lose whatever data plan you currently have on that line now.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score

It's up to you BUT I would keep that as your fallback position. Lead with - I want a Maxx overnighted to me, I understand I have a co-pay and that is as agreed. I need a phone like kind and quality to what I own and I need it tomorrow. Please.