Insurance claim on D1, what phone will they send???

jchammer123

Reaction score
So I had to place an insurance claim with Asurion. What phone are they gonna send me since they don't send D1's anymore???

Sent from my Droid using DroidForum

EFGantry

Reaction score
who said they don't send OG's anymore?? i got one on a claim back in Feb. in fact, now that we're more than 20 months after release of the OG, i bet a lot have been turned in and refurb'd.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
Man, if did get an OG I would be happier with that! I was just concerned that I might get stuck with a D2. My father and girlfriend have the D2, and both of em hate it. I just love the customization options of my good ol D1!

But I've heard of several people getting slightly newer phones since the D1 is no longer around. Could be wrong though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Man, if did get an OG I would be happier with that! I was just concerned that I might get stuck with a D2. My father and girlfriend have the D2, and both of em hate it. I just love the customization options of my good ol D1!

But I've heard of several people getting slightly newer phones since the D1 is no longer around. Could be wrong though.

Yea it depends on their inventory. Sadly, if they don't have D1's they will send you a D2

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
Yea it depends on their inventory. Sadly, if they don't have D1's they will send you a D2

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

That would suck, lol! At least its only for 2 months.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
For what its worth, I loved my Droid 2 when I had it. I've never understood why it always got such negative attention from everyone, especially now with cyanogenmod available. The Gingerbread OTA also seemed to clear up most of the issues from froyo such as haptic feedback. I would certainly consider the Droid 2 an upgrade from the Droid 1, especially now that the OG is starting to reach its hardware limits (256 ram...) with gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
For what its worth, I loved my Droid 2 when I had it. I've never understood why it always got such negative attention from everyone, especially now with cyanogenmod available. The Gingerbread OTA also seemed to clear up most of the issues from froyo such as haptic feedback. I would certainly consider the Droid 2 an upgrade from the Droid 1, especially now that the OG is starting to reach its hardware limits (256 ram...) with gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX

I rooted my girlfriends D2 and its cool, but it just doesn't compare to what I can do and the options my D1 has. I've been running gingerbread roms since they started being developed and my phone has always handled them well. With the latest releases, its been perfect with no issues at all. Plus I don't like the version of blur that's on the D2.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
After the gingerbread OTA, it now runs the gingerbread blur, which is far more popular than the froyo blur. Several motorola phones run that version of blur.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
After the gingerbread OTA, it now runs the gingerbread blur, which is far more popular than the froyo blur. Several motorola phones run that version of blur.

Sent from my DROIDX

I'll have to check that out. I've seen the gingerbread blur and it is much better. My father has the D2 global, has that seen GB yet?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
From what I read earlier today, several people here at DF were receiving the new gingerbread update to their D2G.

Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:
OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
I'll have to see if my father has got so I can go check it out, thanks.

DC4MVP

Reaction score
I cracked the screen badly on my OG early July.

I brought it in late-July after the touchscreen crapped out and they gave me a Droid 3 because they couldn't find a 1 or 2.

darus77

Reaction score
Last week, I dropped my D1 in one of the lakes at Disney World, and Asurion sent me a refurb D1 that I was quite impressed with. Called it in on Saturday, and had the new phone in hand at the resort on Monday.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
I'm supposed to be getting my replacement today, we'll see what it is!

I don't need to unroot this phone before I send it to Asurion, do I???

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The older a phone gets means the more refurbs are available... as of last week they were still sending D1's as a replacement for a D1.