Cracked Screen- Asurion question

VK87

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been googling around but can't find the answer to my question. Hope you guys can help:
I've had my Razr for about a week and I already dropped it and cracked the screen, stupid, I know.
I did get the Asurion insurance and I am wondering if there is a waiting period on filing a claim since I JUST got the phone?
Also, does Asurion even fix phones? all I've heard of them is that they send replacements. TIA!

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Shouldn't be a waiting period, should just be able to call em up, file a claim, pay your deductible, and get another phone. It probably will be refurbished one tho.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

DeeMat

Reaction score
I do not believe there is any waiting period. You file the claim, you pay your deductible, they send you a replacement, you send your old one to them.

OP
V

VK87

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Now, here's to hoping I happen to get a new one, since I've heard it's hit or miss with these guys.

DeeMat

Reaction score
I've only used Assurion once and felt it was worth the investment. Good luck.

OP
V

VK87

Reaction score
So I received my replacement today and it is a brand new in the box Razr, I'm soooo glad I finally got it and new. Well it can also be a very very very good refurb lol, but I doubt it and can only be so old anyway. Like the previous poster stated, def worth the investment.