i had an accident. HELP

kevlnchao

Reaction score
hello, i just purchased my droid about 5 months ago and the other day it fell out of my pocket and left a small crack on the bottom of my screen. everything works perfectly fine it is just hideous now. i am not covered under any kind of insurance.

I have read so many mixed opinions on what to do next, so i am not sure which ones are valid and which options i should take

if anyone can verify the validity of any of these options please let me know

1. $50 refurbished phone

2. take advantage of the 1 year manufacture warranty and somehow break a key to get a new phone for free

if anyone has any other way also please let me know. i do not want to purchase another droid at full retail price.. if they even have new moto droids anymore for sale.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Neither of those are options.

You can buy a phone from ebay, craigslist, etc. you could also try replacing the screen yourself.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
... my droid ... fell out of my pocket and left a small crack on the bottom of my screen. everything works perfectly fine it is just hideous now. i am not covered under any kind of insurance.

..which options i should take

1. $50 refurbished phone

2. take advantage of the 1 year manufacture warranty and somehow break a key to get a new phone for free.

Option 1. See how much a Certified Pre-Owned Replacement costs at the Verizon store. Nice D1s go on eBay for $150 to $200. Check if there's a local phone shop that could repair it. Or live with it until you are eligible for an upgrade.

Option 2. is stealing.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
2. take advantage of the 1 year manufacture warranty and somehow break a key to get a new phone for free
This might be an option but not one that is going to be up for discussion here at D/F -

As someone said already, it is stealing and fraud - and when people do those things to make up for their own faults everyone pays -

lloyd2398

Reaction score
if you take it to verizon wireless they will charge you 50.00 for any phone to fix the screen the downside to that is they send your phone in for repair so during that time you are without a phone, but the best way to go about

vatothe0

Reaction score
No they don't. The only $50 anything they had ended when the certified pre owned program started.

if you take it to verizon wireless they will charge you 50.00 for any phone to fix the screen the downside to that is they send your phone in for repair so during that time you are without a phone, but the best way to go about

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
#2 is not an option because of the obvious physical damage (in addition to the above objections). Actually no matter what now you will likely not be able to use the manufactures warrant for anything because of the physical damage. They can (and likely will) say that it was 'caused' by the drop and therefore not covered. Best bet is get a certified and get INSURANCE (or if you have insurance now just use it).