I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Replacement should be here friday. DROID2! DROID2! COME ON NO WAMMIES! NO WAMMIES!

EM0112

Reaction score
i have a question if my droid 1 is rooted should i return my rooted phone rooted or unroot then send it back once i get my like new droid 1 replacement? what is everyone else doing with there rooted droids that needs to be replaced?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I think you get into trouble with Verizon if you send it back rooted. That's one of the things that keeps me on the fence about rooting. I've heard it's hard to go back to stock.

sent via subspace radio

MrDizzle

Reaction score
You definitely need to unroot and set back to stock before sending back. Rooting voids your warranty. So you do not want to take the chance of them finding out your phone was rooted and not warranty it.

frodroid

Reaction score
i have a question if my droid 1 is rooted should i return my rooted phone rooted or unroot then send it back once i get my like new droid 1 replacement? what is everyone else doing with there rooted droids that needs to be replaced?

Try out universal androot apk for simple unrooting, or RSD lite. Good luck.

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Its really not hard at all to go back to stock, there are PLENTY of step by step instructions out there to help us out. Plus the custom roma are worth it all by far.

spiceditup

Reaction score
Just got my tracking and its 1LB from Fort Worth TX, likely to be a droid1 or droid2

Mine was exactly as your described. Arrived this morning and it was a Droid 1.

What was the condition of the phone like I don't mind getting another D1 I just don't want one thats all trashy..

So i can home and looked at the replacement Droid 1 and it looks like Verizon has changed out the old keyboard and replaced it with a more curved keyboard for easier typing. So i was quite happy with that. Everything thing else looks the same plus no scratches whatsoever. I just finished rooting the replacement droid and am running UD 7.0 with the new keyboard.

Good job Verizon. :icon_ banana:

MrDizzle

Reaction score
All these droid 1s that everyone received today were the from Ft. Worth Texas?

sajgel

Reaction score
its only until they get droid 1 stocks replenished. Grats to those lucky people.

Squidward

Reaction score
I'm writing a sad country song titled "One Pound, From Texas..." tonight...I'm preparing myself to be bummed.

keilind3

Reaction score
Droid 2 replacement

I am getting my droid 1 replacement tomorrow. It says 1 pound on the tracking. Is there any truth to it defaulting to 1 pound on fedex site and then once it gets on the truck it will change to 2 if it is a new phone. Im curious, help would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.