I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syraz

Reaction score
I am not account holder so I didnt get the shipping information, but the box I recall saying 1lb on it. I could be wrong since sent old phone back but I do recall it only saying 1lb on it

keilind3

Reaction score
droid

So when you got the new droid 2 as a replacement it said 1lb? i think that makes sense to my momory of getting new phones

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Verizon, after my phone took a spill from about 20 feet the slider is annoyingly loose, so I called about a replacement, they told me to take it into a local store and if they have any Droid1's in stock they will replace it with that but if not it will be replaced with something comparable. I love my droid1 but I won't complain if they give me a D2.

I gotta say though, I was expecting the worse when I went to pick it up. It must have landed just right not to get hurt too bad. The case broke pretty good and the slider is almost like a clamshell now but other than that I can use it fine.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I live in Fl, paid 19.99 for my droid 1 with the contract extension. Froyo update screwed up the Droid 1 so I took it to Verizon, he warrantied it out, said I'd get a new one probably Thursday this week.

Monday, Fed ex left a "sign here and we'll leave it tomorrow" notes, so I did. Tuesday, I had my Droid.

It was a Droid 2.....

19.99 for a Droid 2.... can't complain..... I loved the droid, but the Droid 2 is so much better....

Just all the little differences

bronx finest

Reaction score
I will be getting a replacement tomorrow, my luck it'll still be a Droid1. But then again, I don't mind, I just hate this loose screen my CLNR unit came with this past week.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
I have a D2, my girlfriend has a D1, after reading this thread we decided to call and get her a replacement using the warrenty (she has had problems with phone freezing/heat issues.. so hot you could barley hold it) the VZW tech was very nice and sent a new phone, should have it Friday. My girlfriend said she would be excited if she got the D2 but if she got the D1 again she wouldn't mind. So we will see. BTW no cost at all. :)

I'll let you guys know Friday.

Ataranine

Reaction score
Well my package is in transit and it still says 1lb/5kgs. It'll be a Droid 1.

I'm not complaining though, if it has any problems right out of the box, it's going back too.

SDI

Reaction score
Well my daughter dropped hers in the crapper (LOL) and we called the warranty company and they tried telling me that a comparable model is a droid eris hahahahahha then a milestone LOL i said uhhh no I have paid a couple of dollars for each line for well over a year and still have to pay 90 bucks for a phone I will get a droid 1 or 2. Well the rep said nope LOL that they had a email sent out today that Corp said no more droid 2 replacements. I told her I dont care i DO NOT want a refurb phone (had wayyyy too many problems) nor do I want a lesser model either a D1 or D2, finally she called a local store and had one reserved for us there. Went there and got it, rooted and clockwork recovery installed.

Moral of the story if your phone is truly not working as advertised and your not trying to pull a fast one don't take their crap! There is no way that I was going to let them give me what they wanted to give me! Whatever happened to good business practice? I have paid wayyyyy more then what a D2 would cost in insurance and while that is not what it is about, what is fair is fair, dont take just whatever they tell you!

Hope it helps someone!

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Well my daughter dropped hers in the crapper (LOL) and we called the warranty company and they tried telling me that a comparable model is a droid eris hahahahahha then a milestone LOL i said uhhh no I have paid a couple of dollars for each line for well over a year and still have to pay 90 bucks for a phone I will get a droid 1 or 2. Well the rep said nope LOL that they had a email sent out today that Corp said no more droid 2 replacements. I told her I dont care i DO NOT want a refurb phone (had wayyyy too many problems) nor do I want a lesser model either a D1 or D2, finally she called a local store and had one reserved for us there. Went there and got it, rooted and clockwork recovery installed.

Moral of the story if your phone is truly not working as advertised and your not trying to pull a fast one don't take their crap! There is no way that I was going to let them give me what they wanted to give me! Whatever happened to good business practice? I have paid wayyyyy more then what a D2 would cost in insurance and while that is not what it is about, what is fair is fair, dont take just whatever they tell you!

Hope it helps someone!

Yeah I bet there was a e-mail about it from corp, I used to be a VZW rep.. they don't get corp e-mails, they use a program called KMS and if they sent any msg out about it they would have posted it there. There have only been a few posts out of many that have said they have gotten a D1 and not a D2. I'd say at this point there is still a 90% chance of getting a D2.

frodroid

Reaction score
Today is my D-Day, hopefully its D2-Day, this fedex guy will not win this battle. I will be waiting. In lamers terms, my replacement is coming today.

keilind3

Reaction score
Mine is out for delivery b4 1030 and still says 1 lb....i think ill be getting a D1...anyone have anygood ideas for convincing them why i should get a droid 2 now?

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Can you keep us posted with what you get keilind3, was yours shipped from ft worth texas?

keilind3

Reaction score
Yes I will, should be within 45 minutes, ft worth texas, im guessing all come from there, i did get a free priority overnigght from last night, so im hoping that helps my cause somehow haha

MrDizzle

Reaction score
They didn't overnight mine, bastards lol. Good luck and let us know

Status
Not open for further replies.