I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panamakevin

Reaction score
I got an interesting scenario... They shipped a droid1 to my apartment and then a droid2 to my office on the otherside of the US... I only ordered one replacement but I think they sent the second one because the first order showed as never shipped on their end... I guess I get to play with both and decide which i want... or maybe i have 2 droids now??? I wonder...

Zer0-c00l

Reaction score
They over nighted mine. However that was two days ago. They are now sending another one. Maybe ill get both today. lol

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Yeah it is sad but at least we're getting an almost new phone that we can root and flash Roms on. My wife will still be happy with the D1h

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like an interesting scenario...... sounds to me like a freaking AWESOME scenario!

spiceditup

Reaction score
I got the Refurb Droid 1 yesterday and it can't be overclocked past 800mhz or it will reboot. The original droid i got can get past 1.2ghz. So i'm sending it back for another replacement and we'll see how the next one goes.

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Why was that directed at my quote spiced? I was saying its awesome the other person received both a droid 2 and a droid 1

FdroidF

Reaction score
i just got off the phone with a rep from verizon they are sending me a replacement i pray to the gods something goes wrong and i get a D2 is there anyway i can tell before it comes to my house? this is my second droid

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i just received my replacement and its a droid 1 refurbished. ordered it esterday and they over nighted it.

Panamakevin

Reaction score
i just got off the phone with a rep from verizon they are sending me a replacement i pray to the gods something goes wrong and i get a D2 is there anyway i can tell before it comes to my house? this is my second droid

Just check the weight with the tracking number, if its under 1lb its a droid1 if its over its a droid2 :)

FdroidF

Reaction score
thanks but im probably just gonna get a droid 1:mad: since everyone else is getting them now im pretty pissed

youngti

Reaction score
Droid 2 for replacement.

That is not true. Mine was listed at 1lb and i got the Droid2. There is no way to tell by package weight.

Just check the weight with the tracking number, if its under 1lb its a droid1 if its over its a droid2 :)

Ataranine

Reaction score
That is not true. Mine was listed at 1lb and i got the Droid2. There is no way to tell by package weight.

It's simple to tell when you get it from the FedEx driver...if it feels super light there's at least a 90% chance it's a Droid 1..
I knew mine was a Droid 1 as soon as the woman handed me the package.

revision

Reaction score
The d1 weighs more than the d2 in my personal experience so I'm just wondering how you came to that conclusion? Meanwhile wikipedia shows the weight for both units to be 6oz, so why would the package be lighter?

frodroid

Reaction score
The d1 weighs more than the d2 in my personal experience so I'm just wondering how you came to that conclusion? Meanwhile wikipedia shows the weight for both units to be 6oz, so why would the package be lighter?

To my knowledge when they send the D1 its just the phone itself, when its the D2 it comes in the actual retail box with charger etc etc.

spiceditup

Reaction score

the Droid 1 is a refurbished one so nothing comes with it (no battery cover, SD card, charger), while those who got the Droid 2 receives anything in a retail box.

Status
Not open for further replies.