I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumpyloser

Reaction score
I wonder if they're trying to get the d2 out to everyone or if its being determined by how long they've had they're d1? i seen some saying they still got a refurbed d1 so thats why im wondering. those who got the d2 when did you get your original d1?

This wouldn't make sense IMO. Most of the original d2 buyers are coming up on their 1 year upgrade, so VZW would lose tons of money to go back and get the older customers first because then they wouldn't upgrade and lock in another contract.

jsan2727

Reaction score
I got the d2 yesterday via warranty also! It's a little different to get used to, especially the keyboard. I don't like that the question mark doesn't have a dedicated key anymore, but other than that its good. I got a refurb d1 last week and then called wed. because it wasn't doing right and begged the man to send me a new d1 and not another refurb, but he said that was the policy over and over lol, so I finally said Okay, and then he said it would be there by 10 on friday morning. it wasn't there, then sat. it wasn't there, so I called sunday to find out why and they said it was behind, but at my local pickup center. Monday around noon I got the package and noticed it was heavier, I said to myself, "man they hooked me up with a new one after all" and then to my surprise, there was a D2!!! I got the letter that it was out of stock too. I kept my battery and sd card and charger, etc. They don't want that stuff back so just keep it!

anyways, has anyone who just happened to get a d2 figured out what good the DLNA stuff is? lol

so is yours a refurb or new?

frodroid

Reaction score
Never had any issues with my droid 1, but it decided took a doo-doo thanks to the 2.2 update. I called in to VZW customer service, spoke to a very nice lady and we tried the whole wipe and start from new. Hung on the Motorola screen, so no go there. She said its a known issue and wow was I relived, I should be a getting a replacement on Thursday or Friday sometime. Crossing my fingers its a D2, otherwise I am still happy with my D1. Update to come later this week...

Castro

Reaction score
Are you guys having to pay anything for those warranty replacements?

MrDizzle

Reaction score
what warranty issues are you guys having? I don't want my wife missing out on a possible d2 lol

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
Dumb question. What was the shipping weight on the fed ex shipping info for those who received a d2?

brock

Reaction score
Well my replacement is crap. I don't have the bubbled keyboard anymore, its all flat, the screen feels super loose, when touching the screen I can feel it moving up and down, and to top it all off the headphone jack craps out sometime.

So I tried flirting with the rep about getting a droid2 replacement but she was not having it. So she sent another droid1 on the way and I hope it is better or I'm going to have to call back and get a little angry. I am starting to like the flat keyboard a little more though.

shugknight

Reaction score
Went to Verizon on Sunday and got a replacement ordered for my D1.

Droid came in today, and it came back as a D2! woot! :)

VitsDroid

Reaction score
I was very pleasantly surprised yesterday, opened the fed ex box and there it was in all its glory a Droid 2. I called tech support on my second Droid 1 replacement because of screen issues, never asked for a sub or anything, the tech guy said he ordered me a Droid 1. It was just awesome to get that surprise and an apology letter for the upgrade and not having the original. Anyhow I am very happy with Verizon for taking care of me without me even asking to get an upgrade. I think if people call and demand a new phone, the verizon tech may think you screwed the phone on purpose just to get a new droid 2 and go find an original droid for you in another warehouse.

By the way I only sent them the broken Droid 1 and battery cover, I kept my battery and the 16gb sd card that I bought. I figure I paid for it and only the phone it self was under warranty. Battery warranty is only 6mo and ive had it much longer than that. SanDisk 16gb sd card is mine also.

I got my first Droid On Nov 10th 2009.
My Droid 1 Screen stopped turning on, i could hear the phone ring and stuff but no led on charge and the screen was just blank, just crapped out, and no i didnt drop it, pretty much mint and looked brand new.

BRKDR08

Reaction score
After 5 replacement d1's they sent me a d2 woohoo thanks verizon

bronx finest

Reaction score
First, second or third replacement?

This will be my third coming this Thurs, I hope it's a D2.

Nice95gle

Reaction score
I was having major issues with my D1 (couldn't end calls w/o pulling batt).

Rep said we have D1 replacements in stock but when it came yesterday brand new D2.

I love it :icon_ banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.