I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I got my replacement yesterday... after hearing all the chatter of people getting Droid2's as a replacement, I left work early hoping i got to play with a new phone... but nope:

Droid1 = Refurb Droid1 w/2.2

And I noticed it still over heats and freezes on occasion...

If the phone is overheating and freezing then bring it back again and hope for a D2.

Panamakevin

Reaction score
I'm going to play with mine for a bit and see if it does any better... I am halfway into the 2nd day of use and it seems to be doing alittle better... "idling" around 35 Celcius and no freezes since this morning... If it freezes on me again, its back to verizon...

mikegam

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me , did youi have to take it into the store or did you just email verizon and they sent you a new one?

d1beast

Reaction score
i took mine to the store and when they couldnt fix my phone said i'll be getting a D2 replacement =]

Panamakevin

Reaction score
I took mine to the store and when the girl held it in her hands she said she'd never felt one that hot before and that she would have a refurb sent to my place (This was last wednesday)

authority11

Reaction score
This also happened to me. Went in Saturday with my broken D1 and they told me that they were out of stock. Today it came in and I open it up to find a brand new D2! Have to get used to this UI now, but overall am very happy.

brock

Reaction score
Awww hate you guys. Received my droid1 refurb today lol. Btw mine was from the texas warehouse.

You dudes that received a droid2, which warehouse did yours come from?

jmonte345

Reaction score
Awww hate you guys. Received my droid1 refurb today lol. Btw mine was from the texas warehouse.

You dudes that received a droid2, which warehouse did yours come from?

Mine came from Texas too. I got the D2.

Roland B.

Reaction score
just called in to see what happens? One of two things will come outta this... 1. that the BIG v sents me a new D2, 2. That the big V sends me another D1. either ways i win...right?

jsan2727

Reaction score
I got my Droid 1 replacement today, it shipped from Fort Worth Texas with 2.2 FRG22D.
Was hoping it would be a Droid 2, guess I'll have to wait till this one causes problems.
My warranty isn't up till next May I'm hoping they will be out of Droid 1 by then, only problem is that by that time my replacement will probably be a "certified like new replacement" Droid 2
But for now I have to get this one back to sapphire!!

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
I wonder if they're trying to get the d2 out to everyone or if its being determined by how long they've had they're d1? i seen some saying they still got a refurbed d1 so thats why im wondering. those who got the d2 when did you get your original d1?

fireman27c

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with VZ Tech Support. We are on #3 D1 for the wife. The replacement we just received yesterday had a broken volume rocker. Explained to the Tech that, the wife is tired of having to customize the D1 everytime we have a problem. They offered a D2 as a replacement, should be here by Thursday. But she did say it would be a Certified Replacement D2 (didn't know they had them already), who knows maybe it'll be new in box when it gets here.

dumpyloser

Reaction score
I got the d2 yesterday via warranty also! It's a little different to get used to, especially the keyboard. I don't like that the question mark doesn't have a dedicated key anymore, but other than that its good. I got a refurb d1 last week and then called wed. because it wasn't doing right and begged the man to send me a new d1 and not another refurb, but he said that was the policy over and over lol, so I finally said Okay, and then he said it would be there by 10 on friday morning. it wasn't there, then sat. it wasn't there, so I called sunday to find out why and they said it was behind, but at my local pickup center. Monday around noon I got the package and noticed it was heavier, I said to myself, "man they hooked me up with a new one after all" and then to my surprise, there was a D2!!! I got the letter that it was out of stock too. I kept my battery and sd card and charger, etc. They don't want that stuff back so just keep it!

anyways, has anyone who just happened to get a d2 figured out what good the DLNA stuff is? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.