I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
I got a back, phone, sd, cord, everythingg...... Mine was not refurbed..... so not evertime. I got a 2 instead of 1 and my coworkers (who have droids) and g/f are uber jealous. lol

Now all you have to do is buy a 13 dollar desktop charger for your extra battery from amazon dot com and youll be set.

Let your batterys run down completely untill your phone shuts off then switch them out. This is how you can maximize the life of both of your batterys and prevent them from developing memory.

Detonation

Reaction score
I got a back, phone, sd, cord, everythingg...... Mine was not refurbed..... so not evertime. I got a 2 instead of 1 and my coworkers (who have droids) and g/f are uber jealous. lol

Thats because you got a new D2. Anyone getting a refurb will not get a battery/etc.

ricks

Reaction score

Now all you have to do is buy a 13 dollar desktop charger for your extra battery from amazon dot com and youll be set.

Let your batterys run down completely untill your phone shuts off then switch them out. This is how you can maximize the life of both of your batterys and prevent them from developing memory.

That does not work with these batteries. I hear it is bad for them to drain completely.

gveserat

Reaction score
I received a Droid 2 as a replacement for my BB Storm2 9550. I had so many issues with it, they gave me a choice of any Verizon phone. I choose the Droid 2, which they said was "refurb", but when I go to Motorola's website and enter the S/N, it says I have a 1 year warranty on it.

Also, HOW DO I SYNC my Droid 2 with OUTLOOK 2010??????????

Thank you.

gveserat

Reaction score
Sync Droid 2 with Outlook 2010

I just received my Droid 2 as a replacement for a BB Storm 2.

What is the best way to sync with Outook?

I do NOT want to sycn with Google and cloud.

Can I sync with a USB cable?

Will I need to purchase 3rd party software?

If so, what is the BEST 3rd party software to sycn my Droid 2 with MS Outlook 2010?

Thank you.

lanman

Reaction score
Wow...I just called Verizon to see if my replacement was being shipped. I talked to somebody on wednesday who said that it would be shipped by Friday..Since it didn't come i called and it turns out they never sent out a replacement...I have to wait till next week to recieve my replacement now =\
About a month ago, my original Droid 1 Soft keys (back, menu, home, search) stopped working for some reason, but my touch screen worked perfectly. So anytime I needed to "back out" of an application with the the soft key "back", I would need to reboot my device.

So Verizon sent me a replacement right away. The refurbished worked just fine. (Verizon mentioned that sometimes these refurbished are phones that customers returned within a month if they didn't like the Droid 1.)

After having my Droid for two weeks, I accidentally dropped it in a bucket of water. Dumb Dumb Dumb!!! :) I removed the battery and SD card immediately and used a blow dryer to try to see if I could save the device. I called up Verizon and mentioned that the screen didn't work anymore but I could still receive calls (by remembering how to "swipe" and answer a call.) Based on the symptoms of the issue, Verizon wanted me to take out the battery and check for the "red strips" I didn't notice any thing and they also asked me to check the battery. I couldn't locate those as well. The rep wanted me to go to a store, but I said that I needed it immediately since I was going out on a business trip and I was driving to a customer and no time for this. I mentioned that it was a refurbished phone and I probably just got a "lemon".

Verizon Support decided to send me out a phone to my home in the next two days, but it never came. I waited a third day, and FedEx didn't have anything for me. So I called on a Thursday so I checked the status... They mentioned that indeed the replacement was ordered but after four days, there was still no status. The rep apologized and offered to overnight the phone to me by Friday. She mentioned that she attempted to cancel the original order, but if I received it, to send it back.

I ended up getting replacement and it was perfect. But after my week long business trip, I noticed a FedEx tag on my door and decided to call FedEx to see if I could pick it up, but they had already shipped it back to Verizon. (This was the original first request.)

So to see if I could play with Verizon a little bit, I said that the phone was promised overnight and I never received it. So now (it seemed to Verizon) that I was without a working phone for almost two weeks. They were extremely apologetic, and said that it was no big deal since mistakes happen. :) The tech support person was surprised that I wasn't mad and that many customers are usually very angry. I developed a rapport with the technician and he mentioned his experiences with rooting his own Droid X and how he enjoyed vacationing in Michigan (where I am from). I asked about the refurbished phones and he said that sometimes, due to stock, customers sometimes get the Droid 2. I said that would be a nice consolation prize for me since I was so patient with my problems... I said that he could "accidentally" send me a Droid 2. He said that he would see what he could do, but didn't make any promises. I said that I'll be looking forward to seeing what comes this week.

Now, I will have two Droids since they screwed up the shipments... I'm going to try to send one back, and hold on to the other, until they try to charge me for the other. I'll just try to confuse them more with the mix up and my lengthy business trips. (since you are supposed to return the defective phone within ten days.)

I did some research on the water damage indicators and did see that the red striped circle (with a white background) is all red. The battery's strip definitely shows a pinkish tint to it (compared to a brand new battery I purchased) in case the old one failed.

The water damaged battery still works great, and the SD Card didn't have any issues either.

So now I wait to see what will arrive in a couple days... Hopefully I'll get the Droid 2, and then I'll ship back one of the other Droids... If they bill me for the other, I'll just send it back also.

So the best case scenario is that I get a free Droid, but I may have issues activating it, if they track the MEID numbers.

We will see how this all works out... I know it's shady, but.... Verizon did mix things up a little bit, so maybe they'll pay for the mistake.

PS... I took pictures of both phones in case somebody wants to see the difference with the water indicators...

gveserat

Reaction score
"Root" the Droid 2 ???????????????

Please explain. . . Root

Thank you.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I gotta call tomorrow about my D1 as it has been misbehaving lately.

1. Call quality sounds AWFUL. Almost like a rattling in the ear piece.... however it does it on speaker phone too.

2. Was EMBARRASSED by a BB Curve this weekend as my YouTube app, and YouTube mobile would not stream smoothly... constantly buffering, while my buddy's Curve (also on Verizon) worked flawlessly. This has been happening more and more lately.

3. Keep losing 3g connection... no idea why.

Gone thru all the processes of reprogramming my phone, factory resets, etc. Yet I've seen no improvement.....

D1 or D2 I don't care what I get, I just want my fully functional device back :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

1. Call quality sounds AWFUL. Almost like a rattling in the ear piece.... however it does it on speaker phone too.

2. Was EMBARRASSED by a BB Curve this weekend as my YouTube app, and YouTube mobile would not stream smoothly... constantly buffering, while my buddy's Curve (also on Verizon) worked flawlessly. This has been happening more and more lately.

Gone thru all the processes of reprogramming my phone, factory resets, etc. Yet I've seen no improvement.....

D1 or D2 I don't care what I get, I just want my fully functional device back :)
Good thing you're still under warranty. My D1 still working great, D2 doing fine too. Hope whatever they give you that it works properly.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Good thing you're still under warranty. My D1 still working great, D2 doing fine too. Hope whatever they give you that it works properly.
Mine has been great... what makes it even more puzzling to me.

I haven't changed my usage patterns or done anything I haven't since day 1 with my device.
The call quality is really bugging me, and after this weekend's YouTube meltdown I'm gonna see what my options are.

I'd actually like to keep my current D1 as I've customized the aluminum front to look like brushed aluminum... that took some time and care.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Hopefully mine is a droid 2....I'm on like my fourth replacement of my droid 1 and its just awful dealing with all the issues it comes with :\

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please explain. . . Root

Thank you.
The easiest way to explain this is like this:

To acquire root access on your phone is the equivalent of having administrator access on a windows computer.. You get access to everything in your phone, and allows for endless modifications to be added to your phone.
Hopefully mine is a droid 2....I'm on like my fourth replacement of my droid 1 and its just awful dealing with all the issues it comes with :\

I feel bad for people like this. The droid 1 is a very capable device, and having problems like this ruins the experience. I myself have had to replace my phone just once (don't ask why) and even then, the phone I got has been just fine (albeit it can run all lv kernels, and can't handle a ulv at all, like my last phone could). I really have had no complaints with my replacement.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Please explain. . . Root

Thank you.
The easiest way to explain this is like this:

To acquire root access on your phone is the equivalent of having administrator access on a windows computer.. You get access to everything in your phone, and allows for endless modifications to be added to your phone.

I feel bad for people like this. The droid 1 is a very capable device, and having problems like this ruins the experience. I myself have had to replace my phone just once (don't ask why) and even then, the phone I got has been just fine (albeit it can run all lv kernels, and can't handle a ulv at all, like my last phone could). I really have had no complaints with my replacement.

Eh my first droid was endless reboot second phone huge amounts of dust under the screen third refurb came with a scratch on the screen and is now over heating and dropping the battery at random points so I'm just hoping they give me the droid 2 and it will be a better experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.