I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by garywkamp, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoopDawg

CoopDawg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just ordered a replacement today. The rep stood his ground and did not indicate I would be receiving anything other than a refurb D1..

We'll see on Thursday next week..Either way I am happy, my phone was acting weird.

2. kbclipse

kbclipse New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Question to those getting 2's now from the 1 replacement, are you getting OTA updates for a 2.2.20. I got mine Monday, and about 2 days ago I started getting the 2.2.20 update. I'm showing the verison I'm on now is 2.2.19. Is the 2.2.20 the most current verison for Droid2?

3. MickSwagger

MickSwagger New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I got this update the first day I got my droid 2, which was Wednesday, I think I read somewhere that 2.2.20 is the most current version

4. Syraz

Syraz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine on tuesday, once it was booted up I got the 2.2.20 update.
    which would be newest verison. the "." are not decimal places but stops for chanages, usually (Major change).(minor change).(revision)
    so 20 is twenty not 2 like would be in normal math

5. brock

brock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    who the **** are you?

6. mtz_gto

mtz_gto Member

Ratings:
    +0

LMFAO! I guess he thought there was only one "Brock" in the world and you are him... haha

BTW Had my 4th replacement ordered today, ill post what I get on Tuesday or Wednesday.

7. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Got a refurb D1 from my claim on 9/1. The sticker on the inside of the battery compartment says 8/30/2010 and the serial date is 35/10 (week 35 of 2010) meaning they probably just got a whole shipment of D1's in at the end of August and won't be giving out any D2's anytime soon.

8. Ataranine

Ataranine Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds to me like you were expecting them to send you a Droid 2..What would you care since, according to you, you're not entitled to anything but another Droid 1?
    Seems like you might be contradicting yourself, bud.

9. sethmo

sethmo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Just called to have my Droid replaced for a power button issue and the rep offered to replace the phone with a Devour or Eris, I kindly said another Droid1 would be fine unless she could replace it with a D2, DI, or DX, which she kindly denied me.

I am fine with another D1 as long as it works, would be cool if something else showed up though :p

10. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes I was hoping to get a Droid 2. I had small annoyances with my phone that I didn't care to have replaced with a refurb, but upon hearing I might get a D2, I figured I'd give it a try. The difference is that I'm not complaining or saying that I was screwed because I didn't get one. Everyone thinks they deserve a D2 now, just because some people got lucky.

11. iPirate

iPirate Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pathetic ...

90% of you are suddenly getting "issues" with your phone that you need to suddenly call up Verizon and request a new phone. Then you wont stop bothering Verizon with your "issues" until you get a new D2 just because some dork got lucky and might have gotten a D2.

You are wasting Verizon's money and time. That means you are increasing the cost of Verizon holding Android phones, that doesnt look good for the future of Android. Not only that but where do you think that money comes from for the increased costs? You think Verizon is going to cut back on its salaries for it's employees? No, it is going to come at increased fees.

For the 1% of you that are having legit issues, I feel sorry for you. But for the other 99% of you who have these new issues starting less than a month ago(about when the D2 came out) you are pathetic and I hope you get sent a new Droid Eris.

12. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Better yet, a refurb :icon_ devil:

Sent from my Droid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

alltel beside kmart

d2 android sd activatjon