I dont get it.

its.mike

Reaction score
On this forum any talk of piracy gets a thread closed, yet blatantly talking about committing insurance fraud which is a real crime goes unpunished?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
On this forum any talk of piracy gets a thread closed, yet blatantly talking about committing insurance fraud which is a real crime goes unpunished?

Report it if You see it....I have no problem shutting those posts down too..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Insurance fraud isn't tolerated. Talk about warranty claims, a bit of a different story, I imagine there is more toleration from that..

I had a person the other day who admitted they got their phone a little wet but that the water detectors did not look affected. I suggested there may be 3 of those and perhaps the other two may have an indication but if the phone wasn't working anyway to turn it in and see what Verizon said.

I don't feel I was supporting fraud, because if the water indicators did not show signs of water damage then indeed she was entitled to a new phone. IMHO water may not have caused the problem if those indicators did not show damage.

Perhaps I was wrong and shouldn't have allowed the discussion, but there was a grey area there and in that case I felt it was ok to allow that discussion.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I definitely will call someone out, and have, for suggesting someone toss a phone under a steamroller if they did something to mess it up. That is fraud. It's also called not owning up to your actions. Folks need to take responsibility for what they do.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Is there a specific post you're talking about? Did you report it?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I definitely will call someone out, and have, for suggesting someone toss a phone under a steamroller if they did something to mess it up. That is fraud. It's also called not owning up to your actions. Folks need to take responsibility for what they do.

Your last sentance is a major point in what is now wrong with our country, if not our whole society in general.

No one takes responsibility for our own actions. With a fine leading example from our Gov't, major corp's, auto makers, etc.

I don't tolerate it either (both), and would report someone doing it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am wondering the same as Corina, is there a specific post you are referring to?

This is why we have the ability and responsibility to report posts that are borderline in discussing illegal/fraudulent actions, or just out of line as far as respect for other members or the forum as a whole goes.

I have seen many warnings issued when discussion was entering that "grey area" Hook was referring too, and posts and entire threads deleted when the line was crossed. The moderators cannot read every single post that goes up here and not every post is going to be wholesome in nature. This is where our (the community oriented members) responsibility comes into play....report it

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am wondering the same as Corina, is there a specific post you are referring to?

This is why we have the ability and responsibility to report posts that are borderline in discussing illegal/fraudulent actions, or just out of line as far as respect for other members or the forum as a whole goes.

I have seen many warnings issued when discussion was entering that "grey area" Hook was referring too, and posts and entire threads deleted when the line was crossed. The moderators cannot read every single post that goes up here and not every post is going to be wholesome in nature. This is where our (the community oriented members) responsibility comes into play....report it

So very true. Many times things are going on in the threads and we are clueless. I might be focusing on one area while over in an area that may not have my interest there are all kinds of problems going on. Pushing that report button is the best thing to do.

I dislike the fact that the message comes up about only reporting spam, yaddie yaddie…..Use it if you think a post is in the wrong area, we will move it.

Before I became a moderator I used that report button so much, they decided they had no choice but to make me a mod. They were worried I'd break the button. :D

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

So very true. Many times things are going on in the threads and we are clueless. I might be focusing on one area while over in an area that may not have my interest there are all kinds of problems going on. Pushing that report button is the best thing to do.

I dislike the fact that the message comes up about only reporting spam, yaddie yaddie…..Use it if you think a post is in the wrong area, we will move it.

Before I became a moderator I used that report button so much, they decided they had no choice but to make me a mod. They were worried I'd break the button. :D

Many of our members do indeed report posts. That is how the mods can act so quickly on spam and other issues that most people don't even know spam showed up.

Having said that, I also know that not everyone knows the best method of reporting a post. 2 members of the Rescue Squad even asked me the other day how to best report a post to a mod.

Look in the lower left hand corner of this post and you can see there is an icon
report.gif
that you can click. After you fill in the reason and submit the form the mods that handle the forum section will take care of it.

It is all of us that make this a good community.