Insurance? yuwl get a used droid sent 2 u

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is absolutely incorrect, I have the same insurance and it does NOT cover lost or stolen.

I have the insurance pamphlet sitting right in front of me and it states that it does cover lost or stolen...

Post a picture of it.

Just took a very clear picture of it with the droid. How can I upload a picture from a phone? I'm not near a computer right now. If anyone is willing to let me email the picture to them and upload it for me, we can clear this up right now. Otherwise, I will post the picture in the morning.

I have the best buy 'mobile complete protection' plan. It covers the following:

Mechanical failure

Electrical failure

Normal wear and tear damage

Physical damage (including liquid damage)

Loss

Theft

That was copied word for word from the pamphlet I was speaking of. Anything else?...

Last edited:

taypotts

Reaction score
I have the insurance pamphlet sitting right in front of me and it states that it does cover lost or stolen...

Post a picture of it.

Just took a very clear picture of it with the droid. How can I upload a picture from a phone? I'm not near a computer right now. If anyone is willing to let me email the picture to them and upload it for me, we can clear this up right now. Otherwise, I will post the picture in the morning.

Mechanical failure

Electrical failure

Loss

Theft

That was copied word for word from the pamphlet I was speaking of. Anything else?...

See, he has the Insurance that we are testing out right now in NC ONLY, other states might have it in the future :)

TigerDirect

Reaction score
I had a trackball issue with my Blackberry Tour and I received a refurb as a replacement. I never had a single problem with it.

And really, as long as it works, I could care less whether it's new or refurbished.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is absolutely incorrect, I have the same insurance and it does NOT cover lost or stolen.

Post a picture of it.

Post a picture of it.

Mechanical failure

Electrical failure

Loss

Theft

Post a picture of it.

Mechanical failure

Electrical failure

Loss

Theft

See, he has the Insurance that we are testing out right now in NC ONLY, other states might have it in the future :)

The picture you demanded...

2wftj5c.jpg

;)

Last edited:

FireDroid

Reaction score
Just curious, what are the asterisk's for next to the loss/theft/physical damage?

I guess I am asking what does the small print say about these 3 items?

Xtremelyfrustrated

Reaction score
No they don't have used Droid;s now, but they will. I have Verizon, and I have insurance, the best I can get with them. I have talked to them several times and I like this company. If my phone breaks, gets stolen or is damaged...( we're not talking under warrenty here) they send me a phone, it's a Droid, sure, in a box and it's REFURBISHED . they don't have used ones out there yet, but they will soon. uh huh. So right now, I'd get a new one, later NO. I was told this................
Do you think you're gonna get a brand new one? Not with Verizon.
:icon_evil:

I have never got a new phone from Verizon. The box says "refurbished" I hate this about them. Nothing you can do either.

Anyone know different, talk to me.

Well at least your "certified" phone came in a box. The two I've received did not come in a box other then the fed ex box. And both of them had to be returned becasue they had problems. I am so ANGRY! I am waiting for my 3rd "certified" phone.

Beka27

Reaction score
You've bumped up multiple threads to say the same thing. We get it. You're frustrated. Start your own thread and and sick with it. No one has any new and revolutionary answers for your situation. Get a new clnr. If it doesn't work... get another. After 5, ask for a different model of clnr.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

Xtremelyfrustrated

Reaction score
You've bumped up multiple threads to say the same thing. We get it. You're frustrated. Start your own thread and and sick with it. No one has any new and revolutionary answers for your situation. Get a new clnr. If it doesn't work... get another. After 5, ask for a different model of clnr.

I'm not sure why you're being so hostile towards me. Obviously you have "no new revolutionary answers for " my situation. So stop being hostile towards me. Am I breaking some cardinal forum rule in replying to old threads or multiple threads on the same issue (rhetorical question). Geez! Seriously?

jayman350

Reaction score

I'm not sure why you're being so hostile towards me. Obviously you have "no new revolutionary answers for " my situation. So stop being hostile towards me. Am I breaking some cardinal forum rule in replying to old threads or multiple threads on the same issue (rhetorical question). Geez! Seriously?

Wow you must be new to the internet b/c that is hardly a hostile response :rolleyes: At no point did she berate you or even begin to get hostile with you, so I'm really not sure what your issue is...

I feel the same way that Beka does, nobody wants to see old threads popping back up with nothing new to add, other than to gripe. Start a new thread, express your issues/concerns and maybe people will weigh in if they give a crap.

And to answer your rhetorical question, yes you are breaking a cardinal rule to not bring back threads that have been dead for 6 months.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where's this rule posted? I don't see a problem in posting in old threads. I wish more people would search for relevant threads before reinventing the wheel yet again. I do agree that it's fairly pointless to post the same response in multiple threads but if you're encouraging people to create their own threads for the very same topic then you have to expect this to happen.

Xtremelyfrustrated

Reaction score
Where's this rule posted? I don't see a problem in posting in old threads. I wish more people would search for relevant threads before reinventing the wheel yet again. I do agree that it's fairly pointless to post the same response in multiple threads but if you're encouraging people to create their own threads for the very same topic then you have to expect this to happen.

Thanks Takeshi,

Ok, conversation has moved to ridiculous. The previous two must work for Verizon because they took it off topic to chastizing me. LOL.

Beka has taken the time to respond to all my posts with something negative. There is no rule and that's why it was a rhetorical question. It is most appropritae to research the forum for a similar issue instead of srtarting a new post. At least that has been my experience in other forums. Actually, when you start a new post on something that has already been discussed, people will respond by referring you to the actual old threads saying "this has been talked discussed before.'

If I only want to "gripe" about it, that's my perogative. Forums can be used for that and the people who don't "give a crap" can move on to the next post. How about that? I aint' mad at you. Do you and I'll do me. My mother always said, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say nothing at all. IMO, the previous two had nothing good to say.

You might want to learn how to give constructive critisism in a way that people can receive it. I would have been able to receive your feedback if you would have done it in a nicer way. Beka was not nice on the first post and he must have clicked on my name to find the other post and contined with not being nice.