Question about asurion claims.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had my DX for a year now and my speaker is starting to fail. When my phone rings it just kinda makes a static noise. If I make a claim for that will I have to pay the deductible and risk them just fixing the speaker? Or do they always just ship a replacement. I don't want to pay the cash if they will just fix it I would rather try myself first.

Please understand this is not an attempt to commit insurance fraud so please don't tell me to break my phone we are all smarter then that.

If you have information that you think my be not forum friendly please feel free to PM me.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you're having an equipment malfunction they'll just send you a replacement, and you have to send the defective one. You'll have to pay the deductible of course, but no they don't try to fix it and send the fixed one back. They overnight so if you do it today morning you'll have your replacement by tomorrow

jayman350

Reaction score
you will have to pay your deductible, but you will receive a CLNR phone. They will send it to you, you pack up your damaged one and send it back to them. So at one point you will have two phones, check to make sure that the replacement is working correctly before you send back your old one.

I had some issues w/ CLNR phones not really being in the best shape. One had a faulty USB port, two others had headphone jacks that would not work correctly. These were direct replacements from VZW, but I'm pretty sure that all replacement phones are "refurbished" at the same places.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
i've never heard of assurion "fixing" phones before.

but i'm sure replacing the speaker yourself will be cheaper then your deductible.

BUT you might get a droidx2 if you do a replacement, you should call and check.

rhinoj

Reaction score
If you have the premium insurance, and it is a problem that would normally be covered under warranty, it should automatically extend the manufacturers warranty. There should be no deductible. At least that is what has hapened with my phones.

tommyb38

Reaction score
If you have the premium insurance, and it is a problem that would normally be covered under warranty, it should automatically extend the manufacturers warranty. There should be no deductible. At least that is what has hapened with my phones.

That is correct. TEC or total equipment coverage insurance extends the manufacturer warranty an additional year, so there would be no deductible to replace your device as long as it is a manufacturer defect and not physical damage to your device.