I can't change rom, why?

droid doctor

Reaction score
I have updated to gingerbread a month ago and I rooted it using the D3 one click root method. Every time I try to change rom like MIUI or Liberty 3 (only 2 I've tried), I format the data and it happens in 5 secs which is really fast then I try to install zip from sd card. It always says bad install aborted. And its not the links because I always double check the files. Anyone have a reason for this being?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Should I sbf ?

Make sure your downloads and or backups were on the same cwm recovery..sometimes if you have updated it it won't work if your stuff is on the older version, use an older version or check and see if you've updated since the downloads...make sure you've flashed recovery recently...

You Juss Been TAPPED! by the drummer...
Another day, yet another flash.....:)
<&mdash;&mdash;Peace!&mdash;&mdash;>

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
How do I know if the downloads are on the same cmw.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do I know if the downloads are on the same cmw.

Look in the folders list in cwm...I'm not sure but this happened to me once and I just reflashed cwm and redownloaded the file and all was good...I don't remember exactly how but I believe I reflashed another cwm recovery , ie. If its green it probably has your dl there, if blue then in that one...know what I mean? Sorry I sound confused as it can be confusing. That's why I would just redownload the file or move it to the current clockworkmod recovery..

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look in the folders list in cwm...I'm not sure but this happened to me once and I just reflashed cwm and redownloaded the file and all was good...I don't remember exactly how but I believe I reflashed another cwm recovery , ie. If its green it probably has your dl there, if blue then in that one...know what I mean? Sorry I sound confused as it can be confusing. That's why I would just redownload the file or move it to the current clockworkmod recovery..

Sbfing is always a good thing. Keeps the phone top notch...I just did yesterday. Of course I'm known to sbf when board..lol

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
So you're saying if I switch to the old cmw it might work???

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you're saying if I switch to the old cmw it might work???

If that is where your file that's not working was downloaded from..possibly..yes. Its just an idea..It happens to me a lot really..lol

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
Okay I'll see how it works what if I made a backup on the 5. Something version should I make a backup on the other version?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, use the latest version! For all your dloads...Peace!

Tapped and Told!
Peace!