I cant get to clock work recovery

acsteve

Reaction score
For the 1st time in months I have been playing with the roms on my droid 2. I have rom manager and bootstap. I was trying to install liberty, and think I was in a bootloop. So eventually I pulled the battery and re-installed holding the X and power keys. All I could get was the stock recovery, and the blue text. I can not install the update zip as it says it can not find it. I have it on the root of the sd card.When I go to wipe and reinstall it only wipes and will not re-install anything. I have to sbf and the re root which I getting ready to do once I post this. I am going to try again but wish I knew either what step I am missing (forgetting) or how my sd card needs to be set up or something.. Any help would cause me much gratitude..

Thanks
Steve

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the 1st time in months I have been playing with the roms on my droid 2. I have rom manager and bootstap. I was trying to install liberty, and think I was in a bootloop. So eventually I pulled the battery and re-installed holding the X and power keys. All I could get was the stock recovery, and the blue text. I can not install the update zip as it says it can not find it. I have it on the root of the sd card.When I go to wipe and reinstall it only wipes and will not re-install anything. I have to sbf and the re root which I getting ready to do once I post this. I am going to try again but wish I knew either what step I am missing (forgetting) or how my sd card needs to be set up or something.. Any help would cause me much gratitude..

Thanks
Steve

You didn't wipe factory reset via stock recovery? That's the first thing I would've done..don't think you have to sbf...yet

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
A

acsteve

Reaction score
I just finished SBF, rooted and downloaded rom manager droid 2 bootstrap. You are right I didnt wipe factory if you meant before my sbf. I didnt do that because I could not get out of boot loop. If you meant before I installed liberty you are correct I didn't. Gettin ready to do all again. Any thing I should remember. Going to reboot in in bootstrap. Going to wipe cache, then install. Any way my sd card should be looking? Just wondering why I cant get to clockwork recovery or bootstrap recovery? Going to look again at the install instructions for liberty then do again..
Thanks and any advise welcomed.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just finished SBF, rooted and downloaded rom manager droid 2 bootstrap. You are right I didnt wipe factory if you meant before my sbf. I didnt do that because I could not get out of boot loop. If you meant before I installed liberty you are correct I didn't. Gettin ready to do all again. Any thing I should remember. Going to reboot in in bootstrap. Going to wipe cache, then install. Any way my sd card should be looking? Just wondering why I cant get to clockwork recovery or bootstrap recovery? Going to look again at the install instructions for liberty then do again..
Thanks and any advise welcomed.

Make sure you flash Cwm recovery in the app rom manager..and also bootsrap recovery just hit the top button and press ok..then go to rommanager then flash the cwm recovery and choose your phone..then its all just a breeze!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you flash Cwm recovery in the app rom manager..and also bootsrap recovery just hit the top button and press ok..then go to rommanager then flash the cwm recovery and choose your phone..then its all just a breeze!

If your on gb I don't think cwm in rommanager works for installs you have to use bootstrapper..I think as my memory gets me..lol

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
If your on gb I don't think cwm in rommanager works for installs you have to use bootstrapper..I think as my memory gets me..lol

Once in recovery..wipe data..wipe dalvick and cache
Then to be safe..go into mounts and storage and press mount system..then go and choose zip and then findit and apply:)

OP
A

acsteve

Reaction score
ok will do what you typed. Did not do that before. will update in a while. Thanks!

Steve
BTW how do I know about if I am on GB or not. my "about phone" Android version...2.2
system version ...2.3.220
kernel version... 2.6.32

Last edited:
OP
A

acsteve

Reaction score
Give me liberty or give me insanity. Thank Gauuud I got Liberty. Thanks, you were a big help. I should have done all that, but forgot and broke the cyber law, and didn't pay close attention to the instructions....

Thanks Again
Steve

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Give me liberty or give me insanity. Thank Gauuud I got Liberty. Thanks, you were a big help. I should have done all that, but forgot and broke the cyber law, and didn't pay close attention to the instructions....

Thanks Again
Steve

Lol No Problem...your all set! And your on froyo! Btw..have fun! And if you want to try cm7 or the new ssd2 I'm on now, aside from battery, its bad axx!

OP
A

acsteve

Reaction score
Been seeing a lot of good writes on cm7, sum bad to I guess. I will most likely give it a shot before to long. I am def liking the liberity. Its speed its great. Guess I will activate phone part of my machine now now since I think I will keep a bit..
Thanks again
Steve

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recommend cm7 as well. I promise you'll love it way more than liberty.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

OP
A

acsteve

Reaction score
Yup

Probably right. I may put it on real soon then make up me mind which one I wanna keep.