Can't root my D2?

droid doctor

Reaction score
Every time I try to root my d2 with the one click root for d3 because of gingerbread it reboots in to bootloader. I've tried rooting over and over but it always goes to bootloader when it tries to reboot. But before this I had MIUI on my phone(this was in the summer) then I sbfd so I could install GB when it came out. After it did I rooted it with the one click root for d3 which was a success. So I left it stock rom for awhile then I was interested on miui for gb. Everytime I tried to install that rom or any other it would say error installation aborted, even if I had the right download. So then I sbfd and now I'm on stock gb and I want to root again but as I said it only reboots into bootloader and does nothing else.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Which version of the root tool are you trying to use?

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
I tried to use the 1.06 and the 1.07 and they didn't work.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Honestly I don't think I have come across this one before. I was going to suggest 1.07 since it always worked for my D2 but you already tried that. Aside from trying to SBF again and then root I am not sure what else to try.

lizard

Reaction score
I couldn't get anything to work at home on my 32 bit pc and used a friends laptop at work which was 64 bit and it worked with the 64 bit version of v7. Petes Motorola Root Tools.

Barchetta

Reaction score
Just rooted my R2D2 (same thing as D2) and I was running into the same situation. Here is what you do :
Use 1 click and when it reboots into boot loader, leave the program running and unplug usb from the phone. Press and hold power, release, then power up. As soon as you see the red M, plug in. It will go to step 2,and reboot into bootloader again, repeat the same step as above and it will go to step 3, repeat again and Voila! You are rooted! At least that's what worked for me :) good luck

Sent from my DROID R2D2 using
DroidForums

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
The first time I did it it was on my moms laptop with windows 7 and the other attempts are all windows xp. Would that matter?

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
Just rooted my R2D2 (same thing as D2) and I was running into the same situation. Here is what you do :
Use 1 click and when it reboots into boot loader, leave the program running and unplug usb from the phone. Press and hold power, release, then power up. As soon as you see the red M, plug in. It will go to step 2,and reboot into bootloader again, repeat the same step as above and it will go to step 3, repeat again and Voila! You are rooted! At least that's what worked for me :) good luck

Sent from my DROID R2D2 using
DroidForums

Sounds good. Have you tried to flash any roms ?

Barchetta

Reaction score
Sounds good. Have you tried to flash any roms ?
Haven't flashed any ROMs yet. I will, I'm just doing a lot of reading first before I figure which to use, that, and making sure I have all my ducks in a row before I commit to flashing, like backups, etc