Can't flash any ROM

socram2k

Reaction score
Hi!
I have a Milestone 2(A953) with the official 2.2.2. I rooted it but when I try to flash a ROM I get several errors.

I've tried with the Liberty3, it installs and when the phone is rebooting, It stucks on the Motorola logo bucle.

If I try with the CyanogenMod 9(from this forum), after it installs, appears the motorola logo once and then it stucks in a black screen, no matter how much time I left the phone in that black screen.

After both ROMS I have to flash with RSDLite because I can´t get to the recovery, only to the bootloader.

I've also tried with the official CyanogenMod 7 from its webpage and when I try to install it I get the status 7 error:
Checking kernel version...
If install aborts here
make sure you are on
the OTA and not the
original GB leak!

assert failed: run_program("/tmp/check_kernel") == 0
E:Error in /sdcard/update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-droid2-signed.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
I've read that I need to flash a 2.3.3 sbf, but I haven't found it for the A953.

Anyone can help me?

albinoman

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
There are two reasons none of these roms work 1. You're on froyo 2. These are built for the D2

OP
S

socram2k

Reaction score
There are two reasons none of these roms work 1. You're on froyo 2. These are built for the D2

totally newbie question, Milestone 2 isn't Droid 2? How can I get gingerbread? Do I need an official motorola froyo ROM?
I've been using an HTC Dream and this is getting quite complicated.