Cyanogenmod issue

AcridGosling

Reaction score
Ok, so I ran into a problem. Firstoff, if I try using rom manager to install cyanogenmod, it simply restarts the phone, it wont go into recovery.

However, I used it to download version 7.2, and used Droid 2 bootstrapper to access recovery.

Backup no problem, wipe data and cache, no problem. Install cyanogenmod, get error:

Assert failed:
Run_program ("/tmp/check_kernel") ==0
E: Error in /sdcard/cm-7.2.0-droid2.zip
(Status 7)

What's this mean?

Sent from my rooted DROID 2! Much thanks to phifc from rootzwiki for the 2.3.4 .621 root!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're probably using the wrong version of CM7. The one for GB was not the official release I don't believe. If you're in the mood I'd recommend checking out CM9 or Galnet MIUI 2.2.10.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Last edited:

nicod

Reaction score
Installing Cyanogenmod from 2.3.6

Hi guys, i'm with a similar problem.. i have a droid 2 (A953), and want to install CM7.. i successfully rooted my phone, and installed Boostrap for droid 2. Now, i go into recovery and try to install CM7 (stable version, from droid 2 (not the global, is this correct? - CyanogenMod Downloads)), and Run_program ("/tmp/check_kernel") ==0 appears.. do i have to do an extra step, downgrade my phone, or just remove the kernel verification???
or am i just wrong and A953 is Droid 2 global? =S

Thanks!!