Trying to NANDROID a DROID X. Having an issue.

Reaction score
I doubt that, actually. The zips you tried to install aren't both corrupt with the exact same problem. It's your phone, and like I said, you probably need to SBF to fix it.

OP
T

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
I doubt that, actually. The zips you tried to install aren't both corrupt with the exact same problem. It's your phone, and like I said, you probably need to SBF to fix it.

Can't SBF. Bootloader keeps saying Battery Low, Cannot Program, and the phone wont even charge.

milski65

Reaction score
Follow the recommendation to get the battery charged and do a full sbf. It really is your best (only) option. What color m is it? I've lost track.

Reaction score
Yup. You're going to have to get it charged, or swap batteries with someone for the SBF process. I hope you have a friend with an X!

Reaction score
To get it charged, try this:

First, go into the stock bootloader and wipe everything. After that, plug the phone in without the battery and then wait about 30-45 seconds and it may come up with a blank battery symbol. Then put the battery in and wait another 30-45 seconds. It may then show it is charging. I had that happen once where my battery was dead and would not charge and this worked.

To do your Nandroid restore:

First, SBF back to Froyo then get back to the exact system you were running before. (You can use d2 Bootstrap on all systems, including Froyo if rooted) Then go into D2 Bootstrap and restore the backup - THEN, before you reboot, install the zip you used to get back onto that system (I am guessing .596 deodexed). Then reboot. Give it 5 minutes or so to get booted up. I had an issue trying to restore a Nandroid Backup before and then I saw someone post to do it that way and it worked like a charm.

Let me know how it goes.

milski65

Reaction score
Good info on d2. He mentioned he was on ota gb. I think that's what he did his backup on, which is confusing cause that would mean no root to begin with. Hence I'm trying to figure how he used d2 to begin with. Unless I'm missing something on his explanation.

Droid Diggler

Reaction score
Have you tried charging with the phone off? I don't know from experience but some people have had luck charging it being turned off. As long as you get the battery splash icon and not the one with a question mark.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

QS23

Reaction score
DX WAS using the D2 Bootstrap. It was on the OTA 2.3 update.
Where did you get that TBH rom for .602? I rooted my 602 with 'Pete's Motorola Root Tools' but I am unable to install any roms ... TIA. ~PJ