CM6 Rom for Droid X

shiia

Reaction score
Im a noob so I recently rooted my Droid X and im trying to install the CM6 ROM but i keep getting an error.can someone help me out

Welcome to CyanogeNMod 6 assert failed:getprop("ro.product.device")=="
passion" l l getprop"("ro.build.product") =="passion"
E:Error in sdcard/update-cm-6.0.0-N1-RC2-signed.zip(Status 7)Installation Aborted /tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery log.Please open ROM MANAGER to report the issue.

OP
S

shiia

Reaction score
what are the reasons should i use a different ROM

shockaholic

Reaction score
Unfortunately the ROM you were trying to flash is made for the original Droid. I did not see any mention of support for any of the newer Motorola devices (Droid X and Droid 2). If you check the particular section of the forums here for your device, they have listed what's available to use on the Droid X. There's not too many yet compared to some of the other devices that have been out longer but the effort is there from developers and new stuff is constantly being released. I understand new users see all of the resources available for all of the Android devices and want to jump right in and start flashing but you can save yourself a lot of stress and grief if you use a little caution and patience by reading through a lot of the forum posts regarding your device even if it seems unrelated to what you're wanting to do.