Problem flashing roms from clockworkmod

mattym320

Reaction score
So Im trying to flash a rom out of clockworkmod and keep getting the same error msg. as follows:

Installing update:
assert failed:getprop("ro.product.device") == "crespo" l l getprop("ro.build.product") == "crespo"
E:Error in / sdcard/KANGY4.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.
/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log.
please open ROM manager to report the issue

Im a very new at this but i did get the Bugless Beast to flash out of here and that is what i am running now. Any idea what is going on here??

ænyoc

Reaction score
Smiley faces and all, huh?

J/k... try reflashing cwm or cwm touch with fastboot. I've never been an fan of ROM manager.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

OP
mattym320

mattym320

Reaction score
Smiley faces and all, huh?

J/k... try reflashing cwm or cwm touch with fastboot. I've never been an fan of ROM manager.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

haha... yea.. that was a lot of work... will give it a shot... thanks!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is your device listed as "crespo"? I might be mistaken, but I believe it should be listed as "toro" in the build.prop. It looks like an error in that particular ROM to me.

OP
mattym320

mattym320

Reaction score
Why is your device listed as "crespo"? I might be mistaken, but I believe it should be listed as "toro" in the build.prop. It looks like an error in that particular ROM to me.

fair enough thanks... btw.. Im getting the feeling that flashing roms out of here doesnt work all that well??

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only issue I've ever had had with CWM is that after a backup, sometimes if I try to revert to it I'll get an MD5 sum error. I've never had trouble actually flashing a ROM though.

Edit: I just looked it up. Crespo is for a Nexus S. Did you perhaps download a ROM for the Nexus S by mistake?

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Trying to flash a GSM ROM on a CDMA device huh....or are we flashing a ROM for one device on a different device?

Research is important.....bricking your device by not paying attention....priceless.

Last edited:
OP
mattym320

mattym320

Reaction score
Trying to flash a GSM ROM on a CDMA device huh.....nice.

If thats the issue thanks for telling me.. I really hope your not being a smart a$$ though. Cause im sure you knew everything there is to know about this stuff when you just started. Give us new people a break.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
If thats the issue thanks for telling me.. I really hope your not being a smart a$$ though. Cause im sure you knew everything there is to know about this stuff when you just started. Give us new people a break.

Well not only are you flashing a GSM ROM but you're also flashing a ROM for a different device. Lol. You're fine though. We've all made silly mistakes before.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

OP
mattym320

mattym320

Reaction score
Well that is certainly silly. Any rom recommendations for me anyone?? I like to customize the look of my interface...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
AOKP, Gummy, and Codename all have solid customization options

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would advise AOKP...I am on 17 but I am uncertain how it is working...I don't know why but something feels odd....I am also running a Beta of an app that could be the cause as well. But Milestone 2 is great. You can easily change the soft keys at the bottom of your phone from 3 to 4 as well as arrange them to a degree....color changing is just as easy...plus you get options with toggles and so on. Respected dev as well....

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

Well....kind of....and kind of not. Yes I do blame you for not paying more attention to what you were doing....but at the same time....education comes at a price...and you are lucky enough to avoid the larger of them.:blink:

Check this thread out.

OverClocking and Volting

Now I know that the post you see is regarding Kernels, but it also addresses radio's towards the bottom...along with links to a couple options for you. What I am getting at is this will a) give you links to relevent things for you to do should you flash a ROM...most ROM's out there are 4.0.3 ROM's so it is a good idea to have a Kernel and radio to go with it....b) give you an idea of how to research what you are looking at and considering flashing.

What I mean is you must seek out a few things....for you it is LTE or CDMA....NOT GSM...and Galaxy Nexus...not Nexus S, Nexus One, or whatever.....another thing is try to stick around 4.0.3

Best piece of advice here....until you are comfortable with your skills...just ask....say something like..."I am considering flashing XYZ ROM with 123 Kernel...see any issues with this?" You should get a lot of info off of just that.

• some might tell you of troubles they are having with that exact set up
  • reasons they switched
  • reasons it's good
  • steps to do it that you didn't know...or made it easier
  • or why it wont work....preventing you from making a mistake

Trust me after a few of those you will start to know how to recognize a lot much quicker than right now.

But yes...the reason of my "harshness" was I think this is a great time to learn the lesson and at the minimal cost of a brief moment of humiliation....vs $600+...and the humiliation :blink:

I don't know everything....but I use the $@#! out of my phone...am a flash-oholic, and have learned what to avoid and how to avoid it.

Just trying to help you get there too ;)

Last edited:
OP
mattym320

mattym320

Reaction score
well now im in a bit of trouble it seems... i flashed the codename rom... and now i says " unfortunately , verizon log in has stoped" so now i cant login to my gmail or anything!! damn.. now what?