1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Simply Stunning 5.2 Install error

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by airsoftsoldrecn9, May 24, 2011.

1. airsoftsoldrecn9

airsoftsoldrecn9 New Member

Attempting to install Simply Stunning 5.2 on Moto Droid 2. I am aware motorola placed "locks" on recovery manager so only a few Roms can actually bypass this feature (wouldn't have purchased this phone if I had known this, if anyone knows a way around or to disable entirely that would be great). Used to have the original Droid (probably should have just kept it but i also enjoy the little boost in performance for the emulators on the Droid 2), which was modded with SS 4.2 at the time I gave it to my brother. Anyway here is the error:

-- Installing : SDCARD:/ update.zip
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop ("ro.product.board") == "sholes" E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    /tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log Please open ROM Manager to report the issue.

Hopefully this ROM can be used on the Droid 2 in the first place which is something I was not sure about.
    Currently have CVPS build EPIC unleashed Rom v1.1 which was great at first but have been having issues with system process crashing.