Install issue

AcridGosling

Reaction score
Ok, so I ran into a problem. Firstoff, if I try using rom manager to install cyanogenmod, it simply restarts the phone, it wont go into recovery.

However, I used it to download version 7.2, and used Droid 2 bootstrapper to access recovery.

Backup no problem, wipe data and cache, no problem. Install cyanogenmod, get error:

Assert failed:
Run_program ("/tmp/check_kernel") ==0
E: Error in /sdcard/cm-7.2.0-droid2.zip
(Status 7)

What's this mean, I am on 2.3.4 .621

Sent from my rooted DROID 2! Much thanks to phifc from rootzwiki for the 2.3.4 .621 root!

i12caone

Reaction score
(Bump)
I have run into the same issue. In addition, I selected to install update.zip... why? I thought it was part of the cyanogenmod files. Hindsight, it was stupid, since it wasn't a zip I downloaded.
Anyway, now it's stuck at "Replacing stock recovery with ClockworkMod recovery..."

Should I pull the battery?
Thanks

reichbc

Reaction score
The Droid 2's bootloader was updated to a newer revision with the .621 2.3.4 update. CyanogenMod does not recognize it, or the updated kernel.

CyanogenMod is not letting you install BECAUSE of the newer kernel, it's trying to prevent you potentially bricking the OS, requiring an SBF.

HOWEVER, there is a method to delete the kernel checks. Look around on the forums, especially in the CyanogenMod section here, and you'll find the method to get it working.

Nothing is broken, it's just a safety precaution. :)