I Can't Believe I Rooted My Droid

Nathan801

Reaction score
If you OC to somewhere around 800 or so, is there a big drop in battery life? I dont have any problems with the droid's battery as of now but i was just wondering.

Chatchie

Reaction score
Before I rooted last friday night, my battery would last me all day and be at 40% when i threw it on the charge. Im now rooted, OC to 1000mhz, temp monitor and live wallpaper. I BARELY make it 12 hours. Im a bit dissappointed. Im goin to remove the live wallpaper and see if that helps. I cant deal with having to charge my phone mid-day.

denlem

Reaction score
Just rooted mine tonight. All went well. Took about an hour and carefully reviewing what I did. I went with Bugless Beast from a link in the instructions. I then found what was a newer version but older version number. I'm assuming what I installed was using 2.0.1 and I see this is using 2.1 and v0.5. Running real quick with 91iHome, and a little slower with Home++. Launcher+ seems a little between them. Still need to play more.

I've been playing pretty much non-stop for the past 2 hours and the battery has dropped to 50%. CPU is set for 900 max and 125 min.

With the right instructions, installing can be easy!

Next i'll try some different roms and see how I like them!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Before I rooted last friday night, my battery would last me all day and be at 40% when i threw it on the charge. Im now rooted, OC to 1000mhz, temp monitor and live wallpaper. I BARELY make it 12 hours. Im a bit dissappointed. Im goin to remove the live wallpaper and see if that helps. I cant deal with having to charge my phone mid-day.

When you over clock it is processing everything faster requiring more energy. Even thou I have my profiles on I normally keep it at 600. I will bump it up to 800 or 1000 when I need the extra speed. Live wallpapers are also a battery killer. THe only time I put live wallpapers on is just to show off other then that its the normal still paper.

guinness

Reaction score
im stupid what is rooting, what does it do for u and how hard is it for someone with no tech exp to do? thanks

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I don't know how I got there. As of yesterday I wasn't even interested. But that darn clocking thing kept getting in my head. A faster Droid? Why? Wasn't I happy with my current speed?

I was. So why did I do it?

I got an im from one of my buddies on the Droid Forum News Team and he told me he rooted. And he said he did it for 5.00 and it took him a half an hour. Shoot, I'll spend 5 bucks for that!

So next thing you know there I am looking in the Droid Forum, finding out that it's as simple as going to the Market! It's in the Marke? Here's my money.

I could go into a long thread here and describe my trials and tribulations. Suffice to say it took me longer then 30 minutes and I did need help and got it from forum members. Matter of fact I was offered more help then I could use. And then I overclocked. Oh that's in the market too.

Now I'm looking at things I had no interest in before. Now I'm wondering about this bugless beast thing. I have no idea what it does but I'll probably find out and try it out. So why did I do it?

Because deep down inside it's just too much fun not to mess around with the Droid. It's just sitting there, practically begging you to mess with it. Even when I screwed up, and I did, I was still having fun.

Special thanks to Martin030908 for helping me out and to everybody else that offered.

Now I have to go back to investigating this thing...:icon_ banana:

What app are you talking about, that you got from market?

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know how I got there. As of yesterday I wasn't even interested. But that darn clocking thing kept getting in my head. A faster Droid? Why? Wasn't I happy with my current speed?

I was. So why did I do it?

I got an im from one of my buddies on the Droid Forum News Team and he told me he rooted. And he said he did it for 5.00 and it took him a half an hour. Shoot, I'll spend 5 bucks for that!

So next thing you know there I am looking in the Droid Forum, finding out that it's as simple as going to the Market! It's in the Marke? Here's my money.

I could go into a long thread here and describe my trials and tribulations. Suffice to say it took me longer then 30 minutes and I did need help and got it from forum members. Matter of fact I was offered more help then I could use. And then I overclocked. Oh that's in the market too.

Now I'm looking at things I had no interest in before. Now I'm wondering about this bugless beast thing. I have no idea what it does but I'll probably find out and try it out. So why did I do it?

Because deep down inside it's just too much fun not to mess around with the Droid. It's just sitting there, practically begging you to mess with it. Even when I screwed up, and I did, I was still having fun.

Special thanks to Martin030908 for helping me out and to everybody else that offered.

Now I have to go back to investigating this thing...:icon_ banana:

What app are you talking about, that you got from market?

You can't get it in the Market anymore. It's free now and you can get it at www.droidmod.org. Go their on your phone and download the dmupdater. That will be what you need to download droidmod 1.0, they use to be sholes but there were some internal problems. I'm using it now and I highly recommend it.

rlfitz

Reaction score
i'm relatively new to the droid. love this thing. maybe a dumb question, but what exactly is rooting the droid?